Known Chinese copycat manufacturer claims to be working on a Galaxy S5 clone based off actual renders
18. jaytai0106 (Posts: 633; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
If you are looking for cheap replacement phone between contracts, they aren't that bad. However, in the U.S. you don't even get good 3G speed with those clones. I wouldn't mind using them if I could at least get HSPA+ at all time. But I still like rocking my Nexus 4 :D
20. Ashoaib (Posts: 346; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
Chinese phones have mediatek processors which are legendary slow
11. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 459; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
That would be near impossible, not to mention impractical
3. papss (Posts: 2892; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Pathetic BUT this is China, that is what they do best so I'm not shocked.
19. jaytai0106 (Posts: 633; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Yup... they take out the R&D aspect out of the equation and make profit out of selling cheap phones that looks alike the real deal. From growing in Taiwan, I have seen so many clone merchandises in my life. I wouldn't use any clone phone myself, but if I am in the situation of being low income and would still like a decent phone, they might be my choices.
4. ScottSchneider (Posts: 230; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
I know Samsung make Polycarbonate Shell phones... But this one looks really ugly... :P Never would Samsung bring out such a nasty phone... Yuck... o_0
6. darkkjedii (Posts: 8926; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I hate the front with absolutely no bezel, but the back ain't bad.
17. Adrian38 (Posts: 53; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
A phone would never had no bezel on the sides. That would be impractical and almost impossible to do.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 8926; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's a slap in the face to Samsung. Releasing their flagship before they do thru a clone, thus raining on their parade. Samsung should sue the bricks off em. That's plain wrong, if this is true it could cause issues for Samsung...not fair IMHO. Now this is something you mos def sue over.
7. XaErO (Posts: 99; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Looks Dull .. and old .. and Not Premium for sure ..
8. hurrycanger (Posts: 423; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
The front looks cool. It's the back that worries me. xD
Anyway, I don't think this is how the S5 looks.
9. Vanster (Posts: 99; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
if this would be s5, i'll throw it although that belongs to my friend
10. sipha (Posts: 107; Member since: 12 May 2012)
If this is the galaxy s5, then am realy worried about sammy's future...alot of koreans are gonna be jobless when this fails!!
12. MarkArigayo (Posts: 117; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
The physical key on the bottom looks so stupid.
14. Alphadan (Posts: 4; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
Its like the front of the current S4 and a back from a random phone... LOL Couldn't be fakier.
15. Diego! (Posts: 448; Member since: 15 Jun 2009)
Let's remember there are supposed to be 2 variants of S5, a premium and a plastic one. So maybe this is a copy of the regular version. I still don't like it looks exactly the same as S4 but bessel-less. The back is not bad but looks like cheap plastic. Again.
21. MistB (Posts: 543; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
C'mon, someone copy and pasted an S4, cut the edges of the bezel and said voila, that's the S5, totally unimaginative. Plus the square camera ain't gonna make it like that in it's final form, another tacky copy and paste job from the cloning fellas from China.
22. Blazers (Posts: 139; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I'm 99% certain the S5 S-View cover won't look exactly like the S4 version. The Note 3 cover introduced a larger screen, which I think will continue with the S5 with even more functionality.