Judge Koh denies Apple's and Samsung's bids to keep certain important documents secret
The latest developments around the Apple vs. Samsung case obviously have to do with some very important documents presented to the court by both companies. However, it now turns out that Apple and Samsung may have overdone it a little, and have filed petitions to ask the court to keep some of the submitted docs and info secret. Well, it looks like this ain't going to happen. Here's what Judge Koh had to say about it:
"It appears that the parties have overdesignated confidential documents and are seeking to seal information that is not truly sealable"... "Only documents of exceptionally sensitive information that truly deserve protection will be allowed to be redacted or kept from the public."
Tough luck for Apple and Samsung, we guess. Now, the parties better make sure to be well-prepared for the trial, which begins on July 30. We wish them luck!
1. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 962; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
She must be crazy!!! doesnt she have more REVEALENT cases to look over besides dealing with a douche (Apple) that wants to sue everyone
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Let hope Apple win the case
3. smallworld (Posts: 427; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I'm not sure who I want to win.... since I hate both ! :D
4. itiswhatitis (Posts: 421; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
i admire your honesty but here in fandroid land just be ready to get thumb downs!!!!
7. maxican16 (Posts: 363; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
It's not about being a "fandroid". It's about wanting fair competition between multiple competitors vs a monopoly by one.
What people fail to see who are rooting for apple to win is that if apple does win, they will be closer to that monopoly and able to charge you more for the same things, or the same price for less. The closer apple comes to a monopoly, the more *ALL* consumers lose.
15. itiswhatitis (Posts: 421; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Oh yeah its being 'fandroid' ...i was just telling her that phonearena is a place where most people follow android she should be ready to get her comment thumb down!!! so yeah its being about fandroid and honestly eventhough you look at it from a different angle its being about fandroid which is why her comment which is basically expressing herself get 23 thumb down!
22. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
All Apple wants is companies to invent their own technologies. Apple DOES NOT have a monopoly on new ideas or patents or technologies.
Please get with the program.
23. maxican16 (Posts: 363; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I don't respond to trolls.
6. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Do you support rotten companies? Why? Look:
What has Samsung done so immoral like Apple is doing all the time?
8. bayusuputra (Posts: 941; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
what case? bumper case? hard case? silicon case?
9. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Don't you have an Android phone?
18. wendygarett (unregistered)
chill out!! Im just trolling :)
21. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Lol. I thought you had lost your mind for a second.
Well, you managed to get the award for most negative votes in like, a week. xD
10. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
@wendy, Didn't your comments used to make sense? What happened?
Or maybe i'm thinking of someone else...
17. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Seems to be two people using the same account, or at least a split personality. It appears the Wendy is a staunch, trolling iGirl and Garret is a bit more fair and balanced.
The other day I thought I saw one of them apologizing for some posting done by the other.
13. APPLE_R0YALLY (banned) (Posts: 73; Member since: 08 May 2012)
We will. We shall.....! We derive that®