‘Jony Ive Redesigns Things’ mocks Apple’s design chief efforts in iOS 7
We are all in for simplicity, but this seems to be taking it a bit too far, and the end results looks more childish, unfinished rather than modern. And looking at the mix of new icons one trend seems to materialize - Jony Ive just loves gradients.
How much? Should we say enough to redesign his own passport photo? Some people had fun imagining what would different things look like if Jony Ive redesigned them as he did with iOS 7. Hit the source link below to see how crazy things can get.
Jony Ive Redesigns Things Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Jony Ive Redesigns Things
1. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I do agree the UI, especially the icons. look a bit cartoonish.
17. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5279; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Gradients have replaced skeuomorphism (or however it is spelled). I really hope we aren't in for 6 years of gradients. :-(
33. SleepingOz (Posts: 2468; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
But I think ifans like the new Android/MIUI wannabe on acid.
34. saket.shrivastava (Posts: 55; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
MIUI !!!!!!!! thats right ..... i knew i had seen it somewhere!!
35. saket.shrivastava (Posts: 55; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
altuough most of ios7 has been "innovated" from somewhere
20. Seymur (Posts: 19; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Now I can agree that iPhone is toy. Tim Cook is stupid.
30. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
At least the iPad is synonymous with kids toy to me. I have seen a lot of occasions where a kid is bugging his parent to let him play with the iPad.
39. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5634; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
not too mention the picture with Nicki Minaj in there
4. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Not necessarily a bad thing if done right... Japanese girls' hippy-like and unique fashion is nice to me.
14. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
But this is American stuff for American minds for American hands.
8. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
They should have put a photo of Psy, not Nicki Minaj.
Apple have a bad taste!
16. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4812; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
PSY isn't bad, PSY is awesome! He's a mother father Gentleman! :D
29. Randz (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 May 2013)
i cant help but notice Nicki Minaj hahaha the only thing nice to her is her ass, nothing else....lol
Btw i kinda like IOS 7, its simple, elegant and flawless xcept for some icons.....
40. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5634; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I prefer LIL KIM over Nicki Minaj
5. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
and here i thought they would face less criticism if they finally changed the look of iOS. I personally like the new look. but LOL anyway. nicki minaj as the inspiration seems legit.
6. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 723; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
well sure,but the chick looks better then home screen ui.and the monitor looks flavorful too,.ahaah()_()
7. SIGPRO (Posts: 347; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
It looks like symbian os........ios7 is behind the market!
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4595; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Apple claim that they put a lot of effort into iOS 7, but apart multitasking they have done nothing significant. Apart multitasking they have changed only "skin" of iOS 6 and I think that the new "skin" is totally fail, I think that iOS 6 user interface was better than new one. I think that Android OS is still better.
12. jibraihimi (Posts: 539; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
After the preview of ios 7, British government might be thinking of taking the 'knighthood' away from Sir Johny Ive...........
18. feres13 (Posts: 295; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
The settings icon looks like an oven burner...
21. Sondae (Posts: 181; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
LOL Nicki Minaj not so good to compare.The design looks soft flat and girlish. Guys wont like it though.
22. sennarose88 (Posts: 49; Member since: 18 Jun 2009)
iOS 7: Designed for Nicki Minaj.
Gross. I'd pick the "designed for human" one.
25. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
How dare yo!!!???
It's Ma'am John Ive!!
31. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
At least the Maps icon doesn't have people driving off an overpass any longer.
38. roscuthiii (Posts: 1716; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
I think Jony's played R.U.A. a little too much.