Honda creates smartphone case with air bags
All ready for Honda to take your money? Well, they won't. The case is actually not a real product, even though the accompanying video below purportedly shows you how it was designed and built.
What is real is a patent awarded to Apple for a case that uses GPS and other sensors to determine if your phone is free falling and how close it is to the ground. We told you about the patent earlier this year. Apple envisions the case moving as it is falling in order to minimize the potential damage to the phone. Inside the case is a can of gas that would help give it a thrust in the opposite direction to slow down the descent of the phone.
Even if the case N isn't real, it is still interesting to watch in action. To do so, click on the video below.
source: Honda, Autoblog via Gizmodo
1. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 289; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
I'm glad there's no subtitles, because I speak perfect Japanese.
4. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Annyeonghaseyo, igueous hangugui. That's all I know how to speak. Oh wait, that's Korean.
10. taikucing (unregistered)
Wrong, there is subtitles. Select subtitle icon at the right bottom. Choose translate to English
12. cezarepc (Posts: 674; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Didn't know that feature, thanks man! (translation sucked though lol)
3. medalaster01 (Posts: 41; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
So each time my smart phone falls I have to get a new case! And that to it would be expensive,But any way gr8 innovation from Honda!
5. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Does it have ABS, EBD and Traction control too?
11. apple4never (Posts: 1048; Member since: 08 May 2013)
yup with cruise control e-brakes and paddle shifters
6. Johnabis (Posts: 57; Member since: 17 Feb 2011)
the case is bigger then a 7 inch tablet! who would want to carry that in there pocket
8. xtroid2k (Posts: 511; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
I think this is a concept. A great one. Has a long way to go. But a very interesting concept
9. TechCrazyedBoy (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Nov 2013)
Are those cracked Sony Xperia Z1 or Xperia Z??
And the pocket jeans...by any chance that is from one of his jeans..
13. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
not exactly gonna fit that in ur pocket