Here's what the iPad 3 won't be (but we wish it was)
1. android_hitman (Posts: 571; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
nice concept, but let's face it... never going to happen
3. frydaexiii (Posts: 1133; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
1) Imagine all the accidental selections you'll make without the bezel there, no bezel would only work for phones.
2) You know it's never going to happen when someone makes a fan video of it...Apple never listens to their customers untill it affects their sales, if not, they're sticking to their guns...
13. rcrider4 (Posts: 118; Member since: 14 Nov 2011)
I personally can't even think of a bezel-less phone working. It would still have way too many accidental touches for my liking
4. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
If that weren't just a concept video of the iPad 3 and if it were actually the real thing, I would buy 10.
But, since we know that all of the great open minds are not employed by Apple and that the iPad 3 was probably designed by iSlÅves, I'll have to just dream.
Great concept; too bad it will never be reAliTy thanks to KrApple.
5. goflet (Posts: 50; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
some people have alot of spare time..what is the purpose of this video.. can someone explain please?
6. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
To demonstrAte what the Apple tAmpon could be and is not.
7. ph00ny (Posts: 531; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Unlike phones, you can't hold the device by the edge and bezel is required to hold it up with one hand
8. andro. (Posts: 1890; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Great concept,this will be what android tablets will be like in 2016,the ipad in 2021
9. johndoe2 (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
every on keeps asking for"edge to edge" display..but exactly where would u hold the phone to where u are touching something inadverdently????
10. downphoenix (Posts: 1991; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Just made the edges "inactive" more or less. Used for display purposes (so you can get every bit of screen real estate without having to resort to making monsterous sized devices) but nothing else.
12. cfprelude (Posts: 110; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
exactly.... why is that a hard concept to grasp. for that matter it could be a black or white or customizable "bezel" that appears on the screen and shows the area of the screen which isnt touch-active until you hit a button for "full screen" kind of like on most phone's phone galleries.... but anyway, this comncept could lead to a million more uses for the tablet products and ability to add multiple tablets and have them act as one could have endless applications. all these people that say "never gonna happen" - hahahaha. just wait.
18. pbui.818 (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
So applications would have to be redesigned such that they were aware that their perimeters weren't allowed touch input?
Or would each application have to toggle between:
- "perimeter touch sensitivity active mode" and
- "perimeter touch sensitivity inactive mode".
That's too complicated. Nobody wants to produce an interface where they have unusable space but it's better for that unusable space to be on the hardware where it would feel natural than on the software when that doesn't feel natural.
14. ENIGMA (Posts: 81; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
ITS NOT GONNA BE CALLED
WE LIKE THAT
15. atheisticemetic (Posts: 377; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
connecting the two is a great idea, but having no where to hold onto a tablet is an awful idea.
this however will not be the ipad3.
16. Fallout09 (Posts: 397; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Easy, you will hold your iPad 3 HD handle official accessory that I am in the process of releasing. I just took a handle off an old suit case and glued it to a card board box molded to fit the new fatter iPad 3 HD. I then I slapped an Apple sticker on the back and now I plan on making millions on you iTards.