HTC tweet teases that a repair service is coming for cracked displays
The tweet comes from HTC's U.S. Twitter feed, which should mean that whatever new service HTC announces on Tuesday, it will be made available to U.S. based owners of HTC branded handsets. Replacing a cracked screen is one of the most common repairs done on a smartphone. HTC's current flagship, the HTC One, uses Corning's Gorilla Glass to protect the 4.7 inch glass panel from your butterfingers.
As we said, HTC will be revealing what this tweet is all about on Tuesday. As soon as we know, you'll know.
source: @HTCUSA via AndroidAuthority
1. LiyanaBG (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
My guess is that the next HTC M8 will have a removable front glass panel or entire screen for easy slip and play fixing.
2. sipha (Posts: 251; Member since: 12 May 2012)
That actualy brilliant idea.. True or not to the story above!! Lol. You patent it just incase..
6. Topcat488 (Posts: 1112; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Apple is gonna "SUE" HTC again! For stealing their idea. O.o sigh.
7. sipha (Posts: 251; Member since: 12 May 2012)
what does entire post have to do with "removable front glass panel" ?? o.O
5. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1044; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
That'd be awesome but goes against everything that is a unibody design.
3. taz89 (Posts: 2009; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Would be nice if this came to the UK.. Got a HTC one that has a Cracked display that needs replacing..
4. Taters (Posts: 2592; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Are they going to offer a service that makes sure that The HTC product you bought isn't a lemon that needs to be exchanged 4 times before you get one with a flaw that is livable with but still not ideal compared to handsets from other companies?