HTC also in the mix of buying Palm?
This article contains unofficial information.
1. Galen20K (Posts: 525; Member since: 26 Dec 2008)
Wow both companies have such different visions of cell phone design, I wonder how it would all work out if this happened.
2. bronxbomber (Posts: 82; Member since: 10 Apr 2009)
can you imagine web os in a touch pro 2? or touch diamond?...let htc do the phone design and put web os under the hood.
4. BlackberryUser (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
I haven't played with Web OS, but I would hate to see HTC put Android phones behind them. I could see Lenova buying Palm before HTC.
9. jhoots (Posts: 74; Member since: 13 Jan 2010)
i dont think palm would put android behind them. this is a perfect way to add the awesomeness of webos multitasking with android and windows phone 7 by working it in there sense UI.. its perfect and i believe this is the move they would make. palm is dead :( but webOS is brillant!! so, i think this is all they want from it along with all the patents palm owns as well...
5. jrcrow79 (Posts: 477; Member since: 02 May 2008)
hmm...HTC Palm device...I DO like Palm's OS..but lame o HTC brick design gets old REAL quick!
6. Vegas89 (Posts: 51; Member since: 15 Mar 2010)
I think it'd be a great thing for HTC, I can imagine a truly awesome webOS/Android hybrid, plus I think a webOS UI would be cooler then the SenseUI which I don't really like much.
7. DonLouie (Posts: 594; Member since: 22 Dec 2008)
I want to seee this American company stay American.
8. phonedemocracy (Posts: 98; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Its not profitable being American though...
11. Sellcell (Posts: 118; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
What would be profitable is if you locked it up...
10. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
YES!! HTC buys Palm and scoops up all of their patents and crApple gets f*cked in the a** with this lawsuit!!! DO IT! HTC FTW!
12. Sellcell (Posts: 118; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
Palm getting bought out by HTC would only be the smart thing to do. Palm devices don't sell right now, primarily because of all the issues they have. HTC has been around soooo long that they know how to create great working phones. Ya battery life can be crap, but they do know how to make a devices. Honestly, think about it... The BEST of 2 worlds coming together.