HTC Sense 4.0 leaks out: simplified, better typography, top-notch email and Dropbox integration
1. belovedson (Posts: 988; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
hmm might keep the 3d just for the dropbox
17. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
The beta ICS ROMs for the 3D are amazing, and thats without camera/4G/3D and a bunch of other things, and people are still using it as a daily driver. Can't wait for an official version
2. saiki4116 (Posts: 388; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
"You’d also get lock screen notifications like on iOS 5, and the lock screen will allow you to pull down the notification shade without unlocking."...that made me laugh..iphonearena..
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3108; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Yea leave it to all of these phone article websites to compare every single thing to the iPhone. It's just how it is every where.
5. Retro-touch (Posts: 273; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Notification tray started out on Android and here we have iPhoneArena saying just like on iOS 5, whereas that feature debuted on iOS 5. These guys should get an award for blatant fanboyism
4. protozeloz (Posts: 5396; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Even when sense was the first one to show message and stuff on the lockscreen they will compare it with the iPhone.
12. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
i could have sworn the htc i have now had lock screen notification already before ios5 came out???
6. shnibz (Posts: 307; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
I believe he was just aquating it with iOS5 because its more familiar to the masses so someone who just stumbled upon this article would get it right away........simmer down dudes. And no im not an iphone fanboy, i have a Galaxy Nexus
18. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
But the people that would be reading articles like this know they're stuff, and now that iOS copied Sense, as show above
7. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
ill bet anyone on here htc will get sued by apple for being able to pull down notifications while in love screen -_-
8. tahir (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Dec 2011)
upcoming update for sensation is going to be with sence 3.6 or sence 4?
and is this possible to see sence 4 in sensation?
9. sleepyjohnny (Posts: 151; Member since: 16 Dec 2009)
In ice cream sandwich, you can pull down the notification shade without unlocking the phone. So sense 4.0 is bringing anything new to the table with that.
16. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Thanks for pointing that out! I had never even tried and sure enough I can pull down the notifications without unlocking
10. MarloThaMartian (Posts: 44; Member since: 27 Dec 2010)
So this is upgradable from htc sense 3.5? I have the Vivid
11. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
I have the thunderbolt and I must say, if I were closer to my upgrade point, I would probably root and rid myself of sense. I use launcher 7 for my skin even though it doesnt run throughout everything, its still better than sense. Not my style.
13. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
yea same here i have the sensation and from day one i have not used sense.. kills ram like crazy
14. Rayzin (Posts: 83; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Sense may eat up ram but it's still very smooth unless your phone is clogged up with processes. I can't wait to be upgraded to ICS.
19. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
ICS beta ROMs for the 3D are magnificent. And I used Windows Launcher 7 before ICS came out, and its the best launcher on the market bar none.
20. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i actually started back using GO Launcher yesterday. it's pretty hard to beat in my book.
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i hope HTC actually does go for a more neutral look. if they do that and use the hell out of those S4s then HTC may come back to being a top dog to me.
21. beatsandmelody (Posts: 109; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
Wait... 50 GB for sense 4.0 users? Or a permanent 5GB?
Because I just got a Sense 3.5 device and the offer is for 5 GB free, but only for 1 year.