HTC One (M8) review Q&A: ask your questions here
So here's the deal: you just post the question you have about the HTC One (M8) as comments to this post, and after a few days, we'll do our best to provide you with the answers you need!
OK then, what do you want to know about HTC's newest flagship smartphone?
1. Scarambay (Posts: 35; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Which phone has the best display of these - Xperia Z2, HTC One, Galaxy S5, iPhone 5S?
35. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2479; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
You'll get answer as:
3. New One (M8)
38. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
lmao ip5s ....
s5 z2 n3
ip5s s4 one
43. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2479; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yeah, thats expected answer from PA not from me.
57. AliNSiddiqui (Posts: 357; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
iPhone 5S has the most accurate display out there, don't know what's funny about it being at the top.
86. androtaku (Posts: 161; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
certain group of people won't accept anything apple on top
92. Astoni (Posts: 440; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
there is one out.. or 3 ;) it hold itself 5 minutes underwater without any damage funny enough :p
2. ysk79 (Posts: 18; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
would you recommend this over z2? comparing battery and camera?
3. alexnapo (Posts: 6; Member since: 27 Mar 2013)
How does the stereo speaker holes fair against dust accumulation in long term?
4. LiyanaBG (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
which is over all better HTC ONE M8 or Sony Z2?
11. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I think Z2
Bigger display with the same size
More powerfull hardware
Much much better camera
More durable and beautiful design (in my opinion)
And it has the same dual speaker alongside noise cancelation.
17. shermenz (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
What about the battery?
I see the M8 is a battery beast, and the Z1 was horrible.
How's the Z2?
19. emadshiny (Posts: 1127; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Yep, M8 has a great battery performane but dont forget some points. Z2 has a bigger battery in comparison to Z1 and M8 and its using ips lcd now which is more battery friendly than TFT.
We must wait and see the results but except for battery, M8 has nothing special over Z2.
21. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2497; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Z2 battery is great. It has even won some tests.
26. papss (unregistered)
The Z2 won't matter if it doesn't make it to all carriers
39. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
if only less bezel this phone wouldve got 2014 award
planning to get the z2
5. tech2 (Posts: 1893; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Next month I am going europe for a tour but all the rooms in hotels are booked.
My question is, can I buy a HTC M8, put up a tent on the bezels and live on it instead ?
37. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2479; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Yes, you can easily that too with your friends. :D
103. garyII (Posts: 160; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
damn nice, hope to see PhoneArena answer this...haha
6. timukh (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
When can we expect it to be released in India or Asia?
7. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 399; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Does it feel more premium than the original htc one? Just asking.
40. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
yes cause the old htc one had plastic in the middle and htc replaced the m8 with all aluminium and knoe there is no glued on speaker that was on the htc m7
8. jasonjerkoff (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
I heard that the htc m8 does not have 4k recording is that true ..........and that the ram is ddr2 instead of ddr3 on the sg5 and sony z2 ?
45. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
true LPDDR2 what the hell was they thinking ....? its not that hard to make a perfect device,, is it? the phone is big and long 4mp up 2600mah .. come on really looks like old and middle aged people work for htc?
81. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 770; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Stop spreading false information, you clearly know more than Anandtech to claim the M8 uses DDR2 instead of DDR3?
"HTC One (M8)
MSM8974ABv3 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 801
RAM/NAND 2GB LPDDR3, 16/32GB NAND + microSD"
If you don't believe me just go check the AnandTech review.
9. androiphone20 (Posts: 1399; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Why did facebook buy Oculus? whoops, wrong question. Does the hairline touch on the Gunmetal feel any different from the othervcolors that don't have it?
22. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2497; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Because otherways Oculus doesn't stand a chance against the Sony project morpheus.
28. papss (unregistered)
Lol Sony needs to do a ton of work on their vr before its mentioned with oculus.. There's delay in movement and that ruins the experience.
10. tiara6918 (Posts: 1354; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
What happens when you cover one of the camera sensors when taking a pic?
12. tiara6918 (Posts: 1354; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Why does the us version use a 2.3 ghz processor compared to the 2.5ghz found in the international model?
47. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
thats right the Asains get the best, while Europe and USA get standard
look at the galaxy S4 in Asia it has the s800 cpu and s600 for Europe
look at the note3 it has the Exynos chip while S800 for Europe
64. true1984 (Posts: 586; Member since: 23 May 2012)
wrong. when the s4 launched it had the s600 and exynos versions. a a few moths later when the s800 launched they made a version with that chip for lte-a. note 3 has the exynos for hspa+ and s800 for lte since the exynos 5 isn't lte compatable.
94. Astoni (Posts: 440; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Don't spread lies... Europe has s800 in the s4 :p
14. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
Ray S., would you buy an M8? That's it.
15. a_tumiwa (Posts: 245; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Tell me more about the connector technology compare to standard microusb, usb 3.0 of note3, and lightning connector of iphone...
16. .KRATOS. (Posts: 108; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Why it does take 8.8 on the review, whereas the htc one 2013 had more, n which camera is better this one or the S5 's
18. limporgyuk (Posts: 137; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Why is your review far more pessimistic than the other 12 reviews I have read on other tech sites?? They all say is a marked improvement on the M7 in every area icluding the camera.
20. Anshulonweb (Posts: 300; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
does HTC one has Best front facing camera????
23. GamePlayer (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
I have a few questions....
1)Is sony xperia z2's design better or htc one m8's design?
2)Is the front-facing camera(5mp) better than the back camera(4mp)?Does it have better details?
3)Which one has the better sound, xperia z2 or htc one m8?
66. true1984 (Posts: 586; Member since: 23 May 2012)
1)depends on you(i'm torn myself)
3)i believe the m8 but i could be wrong
24. zennacko (Posts: 227; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
1. Developer Edition: Is it available? If out of stock, how long till they restock it? Do they offer warranty against bricks like the moto X or just unlocked bootloader?:
2. Extreme Power Saving: By turning a powerful smartphone into a dumbphone with humongous screen, how much time will we have from 100% to empty battery?
3. With the HTC apps being released on Google Play, is it better to go with stock android and then download what I can from Sense version, or Sense 6 can be as good as the vanilla KitKat?
4. Aside from camera and size, who would win: Z1 Compact or One M8?
5. We all know smartphones can overheat, One M8 (One mate :) is no exception. How bad can it heat with its beautiful metal case?
27. GamePlayer (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
Oh and a few more...
4)Is sense ui good?Is it better than other uis(Samung,Sony,Huawei,LG,etc.)? Which UI is the best?Is sense ui an improvement from the last year's sense ui on the htc one?
5)Do you think it is a downgrade from the design of the htc one, and are the huge bezels annoying or acceptable?
6)If there were no other changes, and it was just last year's htc one, with the latest snapdragon 801 processor, and the camera changed to a decent 13mp camera, would it have been a better phone than the m8?
Sorry for asking a lot of questions, im just curious. (and i put another comment instead of editing because for some reason i was getting an error while editing my comment.)
31. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Why did they kept the 4mp camera? This is suppose to be the main issue.
32. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2479; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Z2 is leading with allround specs. Now tell me which is better: New One (M8) or S5?
49. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
z2 s5 will be slightly faster