HTC EVO 4G LTE coming to Sprint on May 18th?
And while it doesn't exactly confirm the May 18th date, leaked photos obtained by GoodandEVO.com from a source described as reliable show promotional materials for the HTC EVO 4G LTE. These materials are supposedly being delivered to Sprint locations on May 14th which would dovetail with the rumored May 18th launch date. The phone will sell for $199.99 with a signed two year contract.
source: GoodandEVO.com via AndroidAuthority
This promotional material is allegedly heading to Sprint locations on May 14th ahead of a possible May 18th launch of the HTC EVO 4G LTE
1. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Not sure if they do this one this site.
But in before someone says "first."
3. Jonathan41 (Posts: 526; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I want one, mostly because I love my EVO 4G so much.
8. Commentator (Posts: 2183; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I want one because I hate my EVO 4G so much! (I hate it, of course, because it's two years old and the screen is cracked.)
Seriously, though, the original was top-of-the-line when it came out, and I hope the next one will be too. I got the first one the day it was launched, and I'm almost positive I'll do the same for the LTE.
4. jaytai0106 (Posts: 826; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
This one variant looks sexier than the One X @@ so jealous! Going to get my One X next Sunday I can't wait :)
5. johamsandwich (Posts: 31; Member since: 18 Apr 2012)
Makes sense, since the One X AT&T is being released around the same time.
6. StrumerJohn (Posts: 66; Member since: 18 May 2011)
"This promotional material is allegedly heading to Sprinmt locations..."
Nice! I didn't know Sprint owned places called Sprinmt as well.
7. Orbitman (Posts: 109; Member since: 09 Oct 2011)
S4GRU says June 10th but I'd rather believe the May 18th release date for now lol
10. sinfiery (Posts: 19; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Unless Samsung somehow blows me out of the water May 3rd, this is my new phone. Much better than the expected June 6th date I was expecting.
11. paynekiller (Posts: 139; Member since: 24 May 2010)
I'd love to upgrade but I have no idea when LTE is coming to south Florida and when it will be more reliable than the crappy wimax/3g service I'm getting now. So I'll just stick with the Epic Touch for the time being with spotty 4G cause Sprint 3G is so bad I can't stomach that alone while still paying for 4G I wont be getting.
12. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
I went to a Sprint store today and the dude working there told me LTE won't be up until 2013. Whoop-de-f*cking doo.
13. rallyguy (Posts: 439; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Will have to wait for reviews on how long the battery lasts. That's the only thing that will prevent me from owning one. Damn non-removable battery!
14. johamsandwich (Posts: 31; Member since: 18 Apr 2012)
I know right? But the EVO has the largest battery out of all the HTC One series. 2000mAh
Unless you're gonna have LTE on all day, you should be fine I think.
15. Markizzle21 (Posts: 30; Member since: 28 Dec 2011)
I wonder if they are going to do anything for its camera compared to the One X. I keep hearing the quality isn't all there sometimes with the one X. But none the less to say I am super excited. Can't wait to take pictures with it since I have the regular Evo. Twin babies on the way and this phone will make every moment priceless
17. KFear (Posts: 135; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
If you are a root user than is a camera patch out or coming out. Should be awesome
16. dnaL0R (Posts: 4; Member since: 18 Dec 2009)
i will wait for the white version and hopefully lte will [soon to] be live in los angeles by then...
18. c.hack (Posts: 487; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
These Evos are getting really boring. Same dual core as last year, not much new in ICS. The only new thing is LTE - and it kills the battery in a few hours. Everyone I know turns their LTE off to save battery.
19. Hunt3rj2 (Posts: 396; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
That's because you're uninformed.
Or you've been listening to remixfa's babble about crapdragons or something.