Gresso unveils an affordable luxury phone ($2500), made of titanium
Luxury phone maker Gresso has unveiled its newest collection of handsets, and this time, titanium is the key material that has been utilized in the production of the handset. The three models are called Cruiser Titanium, Cruiser Titanium Black and Cruiser Titanium Solid, costing $2500, $2000 and $1800 respectively, which is quite affordable for these types of products when you think about it.
The Cruiser Titanium phones are made of a single piece of titanium, a material which is also used in the aerospace industry. The titanium casing of each phone has been polished for 16 hours straight, and each phone has a unique number engraved on its right hand side to highlight its authenticity. The keys of the standard numeric keypad are also hand-polished, while the display uses a tempered glass and some special tricks that make it appear perfectly black when turned off.
The display itself is about 2 inches and has a resolution of 240x320 pixels. This makes for an OK pixel density of 200 ppi. Not that it matters much in such kind of device. Other than that, the handset sports 30MB of internal memory, microSD card slot and a 2MP camera. This intricate set-up is run by Nokia's S40 featurephone platform. One word comes to mind right now - nostalgia!
If there's one thing we don't like in the appearance of this phone, it's the circular keys, but we guess it's just us. If you like one of these, better hurry up and order it from Gresso's site, because there will be only 555 units produced.
Gresso Cruiser Titanium Gallery Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
Gresso Cruiser Titanium Gallery
3. Mittal (Posts: 405; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
mine too plz... what ive been waiting for all my life is finally here
2. MiPac (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Design is similar to SE K810i, but SE has lot better hardware. Well at least this is polished to perfection...
24. corporateJP (Posts: 896; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Well, I hope Mom is a real expensive call girl with a good, consistent client list, then.
7. BadAssAbe (Posts: 433; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
This might be my next phone when the zombies rise form the graves.
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2951; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Agreed that the phone is of the luxury kind but the headline is quite misleading...lol. There's 'affordable' and there's the '$2500'...that still feels expensive to me.
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2951; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Uh huh...uh huh...yes, i noticed.
You should also get my joke too. :P
10. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
$2500 is affordable? yes its a lot cheaper than another luxury phones but still, the price is too far fetched...
12. aayupanday (Posts: 189; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I'd better buy a bunch of iCrap outta that much money!!!
13. JayPolo (Posts: 3; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
mhmmmm either make a down payment on a car or BUY a FANCY LOW SPEC PHONE THATS HARD TO TEXTS ON AND PROLLY HAS 3 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE ill for sure buy this when i get steve job type of money
15. tedkord (Posts: 3388; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Well, its more expensive than other phones, and got premium build materials. We know thats much more important than what it can do. Stamp a certain logo on the back, and its a hit.
16. linas_ltu (Posts: 32; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I am too stupid to understand who the f**k is buying those phones... Xperia Z is polished too...
17. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1054; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Lol be cheaper , too just buy another phone... Another ,, another :-\
18. s.mrabet (Posts: 117; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Doenst look like a luxury phone to me... Not even close.
You have to be real stupid to pay that much money for it.
19. Topcat488 (Posts: 781; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Specs are terrible, like most of those so called rich folk phones...
20. reindeer_nation (Posts: 14; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
the thing I don't like is how long it is and the freaking buttons...
21. iGREGG (Posts: 66; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
it looks like the remote to the TV my grandma had in 1988..
22. Joshing4fun (Posts: 960; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Could you imagine texting on this thing? Ha must be for old rich farts
23. Suraj3337 (Posts: 44; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
I'd rather have a sgs3, a tablet and still be left with some money!
26. corporateJP (Posts: 896; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
For this kind of money, you could just go see Jacob the Jeweler (or a good equivalent) and get your GS3 or i5 coated.
Not all rich people are smart, and you'll know this when you see one with this Gresso phone.