Gas leaks at Samsung plant: one worker dead, investigation underway
The worker that passed away was an employee of the maintenance company STI that came to fix the leak. What’s also troubling is the fact that there is some possibility that Samsung tried to cover the leak up and hadn’t properly instructed the maintenance company about how serious the leak was. An investigation is underway in Korea, so let’s not jump into conclusions prematurely, but there is slight possibility that the STI worker died because of not being properly equipped to the gas leakage.
Hydrofluoric acid is particularly dangerous as burns from the gas could not be initially painful making them hard to notice. The acid is so corrosive that it penetrates tissues quickly doing damage to the nerve system and bones.
Samsung has now issued an official comment saying to residents living close nearby that "the possibility of a leak beyond [Samsung property] is zero."
source: Yonhap via The Verge
1. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Well this a first. Those people in the plants need to take saftey as first priority
9. hung2900 (Posts: 911; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I agree but i cannot find out any relation between a "phone" site and an accident of a chemical factory.
22. jinxed (Posts: 107; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
who told u samsung made only 'PHONE's?? are u new 2 dis universe?
12. rf1975 (Posts: 254; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Most of the companies newer bother about the workers or environment.
They know they can escape from the law using the loop holes.
check this link...
I do not think many people get the justice.
13. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8324; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I think Samsung needs to work on improving their safety standards.
16. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I think apple should stop forcing the chinese to work over time & to stop making them work faster and regulate conditions in the plants
20. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
I think you need to slip and fall.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Hydroflouric acid? Its a refrigerator factory...
The worker has made his bravest job to rescue his company factory and manage to avoid leak outside the factory, may rest in peace :,(
6. flower99 (banned) (Posts: 54; Member since: 18 Nov 2012)
why do you received red thumb by saying a braviest man to rescue factory?
4. nwright94 (unregistered)
Hopefully they find the leak before more people are hurt :( hope the dead mans family is supported through his death.
7. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1218; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
not funny! some poor soul somewhere just lost somebody of their own...i mean i love making Apple jokes just as much as the next guy but this aint the time
8. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
You're right, and I apologize. Imma d**k :(
10. tedkord (Posts: 8308; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I work at a facility with HF. It's bad stuff.
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 17554; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Hopefully there's no more fatalities. That's sad
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 17554; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Only two reds? I thought I was hated more than that.
18. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
why would someone red you - it sad that someone was hurt.
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 17554; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I wish I had the answer for that but some people just have no class
15. mrblah (Posts: 574; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
Sounds like there safety standards are about as high as there product qulity!
21. quakan (Posts: 1319; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Had this had been Apple...........damn hypocrites.