Garnet Red Samsung Galaxy S III graces its way to AT&T, pre-order one from July 15th
Yes, AT&T is lucky enough to get its exclusive own color of the Galaxy S III and if red is your thing waiting three days wouldn’t hurt too much now, would it?
That’s when pre-orders for the red Galaxy S III start - on July 15th. It will be in stores exactly two weeks later on July 29th.
Now is this another color that Samsung will claim it invented? (It claimed so for the blue one!) We don’t know, but what we do know is that with the red Galaxy S III you’re not missing any of the fun - it sports the same gigantic 2 gigs of RAM and 16GB of internal storage, expandable via a microSD card.
1. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
smart move... variety is the best seller... the sgs3 will do big numbers on ATT...
2. greathero1 (Posts: 460; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
Looks cool and not girly IMO. Wish VZ offered this color and I would gladly take my Pebble Blue one back.
26. Phoneguy2000 (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
WHY?! PEBBLE BLUE IS UST AS GEORGOUS AS GARNET RED, IN MY OPINION.
3. tes101 (Posts: 39; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Samsung's phones look like chinese knock offs there is something about their phones that is just not catchy.
4. greathero1 (Posts: 460; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
I thought the same until I actually held the device in my own hands. It feels solid in the hands and it definitely does not feel cheap. Trust me, the pics don't do the phone justice. Its nice and well built.
5. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
i agree. the reviews and photos in the internet look crappy but when I held one... it's like touching divine material. lol. solid and great ergonomics.
7. jed27 (Posts: 65; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
i have to disagree. i've held both the blue and white s3. the glossy finish looks really cheap. my one x still holds the best design for a phone in my opinion. well, maybe because i just dig the matte finish. but of course, specs-wise, s3 is the better one.
13. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
We never said it's better in terms of build quality than One X, what we are saying is that it is better in person, unless you are really very conservative when it comes to materials used on a phone..
21. Immolate (Posts: 274; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
I think the One X and the S3 are pretty close to equal. I don't really get a "cheap" vibe or the S3 in blue, though I do prefer a matte texture. Unfortunately, we Verizon customers don't have the option of the One X.
10. djbuan (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
You're right, it feels so solid but then the hyperglaze makes it so slippery to hold, it already jumped out of my hand.. its a good thing i was able to catch it.. funny but true.
12. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 618; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Knocks offs of what exactly? Phones are starting to run out of ideas when it comes to designs. It's a battle of the bezel right now the GS3 looks great, but side rocker button placement are a problem.
15. xtian1103 (Posts: 357; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i 've got a chance to hold and use one for a while it looks pretty solid to me compare to the previous models. it's just too big for a phone and the removal of home button should be considered next time
9. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
this red one looks so unique.
but imo, it's not good looking. the blue one was awesome. this... not so much. Red goes along with black most of the time... not all plain like this.
11. greathero1 (Posts: 460; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
I agree. I would definitely have chosen this one out of the other colors if I had the choice at the time of my purchase.
14. remtothemax (Posts: 223; Member since: 02 May 2012)
why didn't they make the bar around the phone red or something
i guess i will wait until the official pictures come out, but it looks almost blue, which would be kind of ugly
also, randomly light silver also would not be a great option
it just makes the bezel thing super obvious, whereas on the white and blue it is more understated and integrated looking
16. sid07desai (Posts: 249; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Looks like a black S3 could be possible. If they can go with red and blue, then why not pure metal black. It would look awesome!
17. kindahipdude (Posts: 45; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I want the white, when will that be available?
19. BabyWade (Posts: 42; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Its been available since the S3 was released
24. kindahipdude (Posts: 45; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
I just got a galaxy s III the other day, and had to get it blue cuz they hadn't gotten any white ones in.
18. Ravail (Posts: 181; Member since: 14 Oct 2011)
Omg.. October needs to hurry up and get here.. I want my GS3!!
20. sena7 (Posts: 26; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
I don't like red phones in general but variety is always good. Although, it does seem odd that a black option doesn't exist.
22. Immolate (Posts: 274; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Obsidian Black! Or maybe something with a subtle brushed metal texture like Pebble Blue has.
25. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6263; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
GS III RED or SONY iOn. damn it CAN'T MAKE UP my mind. I just hope i have enough money to buy GS III SEXY RED