Foxconn admits the iPhone 5 is the most difficult device it has put together
Some users are already aware of that as they have found scratches and other imperfections on their otherwise brand new handsets. Due to the higher probability of build quality issues during the production process, Foxconn has had to implement a new quality control system to ensure that as many parts as possible will make it to the end of the process. Interestingly, the source mentions that it was this new quality check that has caused the strike we told you about last week.
Foxconn expects that the quality standard of the iPhone 5 is already improving, and will continue to improve with time.
1. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
Apple should enslave them all they have the money to anyways.
19. phil2n (Posts: 483; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
they are very strict to foxconn but they don't care about their materials if it is build with quality
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9711; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Okay I'm sorry for sounding like a jerk, but was this article really necessary? I mean, there have been articles in the past that have stated the exact same thing, except this one was just fluffed. Example - hyperlink in the end of the article.
7. mailbox4eswar (Posts: 6; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You are correct bro.
I am aboserving a lot of articles in Phone Arena are biased towards iPhone and Apple, even I have seen some unnecessary articles/news about Apple
11. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
They aren't bias, they're smart. Look at the front page any random day of the week and the stories with the most comments (and probably the highest view count) are all about Apple. They keep writing stories about it because whether you like Apple or not...you click on their stories, which I'm sure makes PhoneArena money. Tired of Apple stories? Ignore them and comment more on Android or WP8 stories instead. You'll see them shift to those instead.
14. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
yeah, keep on dreaming, like fandroids are ever gonna stop crying on apple articles... Its in their sad blood to prove to themselves they have bought a better device... talking about no life...
17. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1700; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
and bashing them like a jealous iFan isn't? Seems like you are the one that needs a life.
15. E.N. (Posts: 2522; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
How is this biased towards the iPhone again? Seems like they're repeating bad news.
16. bachelorrn0121 (Posts: 57; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Correct.. example a new device is introduced or reviewed there are sometimes that iphone. ipad or ios on that page comparing to the devices..
8. Aeires (unregistered)
It lets people who bought them know that the damages that have been reported on the outside aren't the only problems that plague this model, lot of things on the inside to contemplate breaking as time goes on. If I had purchased one, I'd appreciate knowing there could be a future disaster in the making.
3. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Yet another PS by Foxconn in favour of Apple... Thats arrogant CEO once said iScratch 5 would put Samsung devices to shame... Now he's the one to be put in shame for his low-class production assembling
22. BadAssAbe (Posts: 434; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
iScratch LOL, Also must be really hard glue all those components together Ifixit.com
4. hcbarclay (Posts: 62; Member since: 20 Dec 2009)
we repair iPhone 5 all day long...no problems here. just a lame excuse for the poor quality they are producing. COME ON IN AND i would LOVE to help you!!
Indy Cellular Repair
6251 Winthrop Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46220
9. addict27 (Posts: 7; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Apple needs less marketing / lawyers and more engineers to innovate and consider manufacturing issues. Reminds me of the Dilbert episode with the great engineering company with no marketing team and how quickly it fell apart once they created one.
10. marctorres (Posts: 10; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
we dont care at all...easy or not...customer is always right
12. hinz10 (Posts: 15; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
What do you expect. Foxconn hires 14 year olds. But phonearena neglects to keep us informed of bad iphone news.
13. osanilevich (Posts: 260; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)
wow, that .5 of an inch must really be difficult to add on
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6992; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
WTF is wrong with todays journalism? Why is this news?
20. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
LOL.... nothing else i can say!