Fake Angry Birds Space app for Android is a Trojan Horse as it sneaks in malware
check the app's developer. If you have installed Angry Birds Space, double check to make sure that it came from Rovio. If not, it might behoove you to back up all of your important data and securely wipe your phone. Earlier this year, Google announced a feature for what was then called the Android Market. Called "Bouncer", the feature was to do exactly what you would expect, analyzing new apps to keep out malware, spyware and trojan horses. Bouncer also analyzes new developer accounts to make sure that problem developers aren't using a new name to ply their old game. Just like at those hot clubs, sometimes the Bouncer is distracted and someone gets in that shouldn't have.
Thanks to our tipster, Daphne!
1. aooep posted on 13 Apr 2012, 12:28 3
So the angry birds space on top of the "free apps" section should be okay right?
Sorry I'm a newbie. :P
14. THETECHTEAM posted on 13 Apr 2012, 13:37 4
ONLY DOWNLOAD THE ANGRY BRIDS GAMES THAT IS MADE BY ROVIO! DONT DOWNLOAD ANY WALKTHRU CHEATS OR ANYTHING ELSE THATS DEALING WITH ANGRY BIRDS UNLESS IT COMES FROM ROVIO!
2. KingKurogiii posted on 13 Apr 2012, 12:37 5
with as many downloads as the legit version has you'd have to be pretty dumb to download the wrong one. xD
3. solidsnakeduds013 posted on 13 Apr 2012, 12:46 2
I just downloaded this game TODAY and then I read an article about malware hidden in the game? Android = Malware
7. skymitch89 posted on 13 Apr 2012, 13:00 3
You're fine just as long as it has Rovio Mobile Ltd. as the Developer.
12. EclipseGSX posted on 13 Apr 2012, 13:34 7
you're the dumbass who downloaded the app without reading
6. skymitch89 posted on 13 Apr 2012, 12:58 1
Too bad for them that I only allow official updates to my apps; aka only if I get a notification from the Play Store about an update for an app that is already installed.
8. eaxvac posted on 13 Apr 2012, 13:06 2
zomg spydroid, useless piece of stolen s**t by Google.
19. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 14 Apr 2012, 09:10 1
Every-thing in apple is stolen.....
9. GALAXY-S posted on 13 Apr 2012, 13:07 5
Damn hackers!! attack IOS leave android alone!!
16. BattleBrat posted on 13 Apr 2012, 14:34 7
iOS users have no money left as Apple took it all (they're proud of that fact too), so they go after us Droiders
11. beatsandmelody posted on 13 Apr 2012, 13:13 5
Who the hell is going around just randomly thumbs downing people? How lame.
18. TROLL (limited) 5 days ago posted on 14 Apr 2012, 09:09 1
And IOS is way much worser! You must love
limatation.... let's take few good thing's away
from you'r life! See how it feel'$......