Developers let you run HTC HD2 on WP7
Here's the full list of working features and you can see how to perform the hacking part thanks to the videos below. Sadly, Xbox LIVE and the WP7 Marketplace are not working as of now, but probably it's only a matter of time.
- System starts quickly, after flashing the first boot needs about 20 seconds up to start settings.
- Battery can be charged normally in WP7 OS. Testers report that power consumption is normal.
- Phone functions are working: call, answer and dial are working without problems and with a good sound quality, speaker volume is loud, volume rocker works fine. You can adjust the volume during a call
- SMS sending and receiving work without problems, display Chinese symbols properly.
- Contacts can be imported from the SIM card to the phone and the Chinese text is displayed correctly. You can also set the ringtone.
- Camera works and all the features available, including the 720P video. (Photo-Flash sync is slightly buggy, better make photos without flash)
- Green camera can be used for camera activation.
- WiFi can be turned on and turned off. This function works well, although detailed settings can't be configured (common WP7 system issue).
- Bluetooth functions normally, but doesn't have detailed settings (common WP7 system issue).
- UI works correctly, features fully stocked.
- The system date and time settings are normal, alarm clock works correctly.
- Calendar is fully functioning.
- Internet Explorer has all functions working, up to 6 tabs possible. Multitouch works.
- Office - all functions are available.
- The music and video player works.
- Picture view works, including multitouch.
- The lock screen function works normally, shows event reminders, wallpaper, and appears on screen quickly after power button press.
- Sync with Zune works.
- USB function is available (if you modify the PC registry)
- Accelerometer works, autorotation works with beautiful effects.
- Screen brightness control can be manually controlled. Automatic works fine too.
- The ability to choose custom wallpaper works.
- Lock/unlock screen works correctly, including password
1. codymws (Posts: 236; Member since: 17 Jun 2010)
Wow, pretty cool. Now get my dumbphone (LG Chocolate Touch) running WP7!
2. downphoenix (Posts: 2232; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I wonder why HTC didnt do a software upgrade to WP7 for consumers? There certainly is enough hardware on this thing. Big mistake they have to leave it to have people hack it in.