Customers of Three UK to get Galaxy Nexus free with two year contract
It looks like Google and Samsung are going to be aggressive with the pricing of the Galaxy Nexus. This meshes well with the advertised retail pricing of $500 that Google listed for the Galaxy Nexus in the rules of their current contest to give away ten Galaxy Nexus handsets. It appears that Google hopes to sell quite a few of their new Google phones, perhaps with a renewed interest in pushing the Nexus brand into the minds of the mainstream consumer.
The pricing strategy is at odds with the rumored $299 on contract that Verizon is said to be charging, although Verizon generally adopts a standardized pricing strategy that is based more on the carrier’s interests then those of the handset manufacturers. $299 on contract has become the defacto price for LTE handsets on Verizon the last six months.
This may be good news for U.S. customers who aren’t on Verizon; you may be waiting a bit longer to get the Galaxy Nexus, but perhaps you'll be able to pick it up for a lot less money once it’s available.
source: Three Uk via Android Central
1. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Damn wish the U.S. carriers would offer a top end device for free with a 2yr CSA.
3. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
free?? WOW (eyeballs pop out of head) now THATS a great price!! :)
4. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Agreed. Not looking forward to dropping $650 on two of these suckers...
Although i'm sure i'll forget about that after 5 minutes of playing with it :D
5. McLTE (Posts: 720; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Hmmm... $300 on contract or $500 off.. it sure is tempting to buy it for $500 and not renew my contract, or have an upgrade available for something that surely will be too hard to pass up... 20 months between upgrades is FAR too long!
6. Alantef (Posts: 287; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
wow and i paid $599 on ebay for the unlocked version (32GB for my t mobile).....oh well hopefully i get this asap.....my BIG question that no one is asking is that this phone comes in two sizes (16gb/32gb) why am i only seeing 16GB everywhere and nothing about the 32GB version
7. ohiojosh78 (Posts: 29; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Scam alert! How did you buy one on ebay when it's not even out yet? Make sure to check the seller's recent feedback.
9. Alantef (Posts: 287; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
100% on eBay....i always use eBay mostly because i have Paypal backing me up in case some junk jumps off
8. mills0806 (Posts: 37; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
As much as it sucks to wait that is what i will do because i am never gonna give $300 for a new phone.
10. Alantef (Posts: 287; Member since: 14 Sep 2011)
agreed if anything i would spend the extra money to stay out of contract
11. biophone (Posts: 1897; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
12. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
is it me or does it look like US customers are always getting ripped off compared to UK customers
19. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Nexus phones are all unlocked. It's Motorola that locks their bootloader.
17. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Look, you will be able to buy it for much cheaper on AMAZON, new or upgrade customer - just like the DROID RAZR.