Creepy Nokia Lumia 2520 ad is creepy
We won't beat around the bush, it does seem like Nokia is trying to suggest that its Windows 8 RT tablet is much alike a... mullet? Are we to infer that the slate was as ill-conceived as the 80's hairstyle, then? We jest, of course – we actually liked what the Lumia 2520 had to offer – and theinvasive “For work. For play” slogan left little to the imagination. You know what, we'll just let you take a peek at the 2 minute odd ad right below. Comments section is all yours.
Piqued your interest? Great, now go on and check out our in-depth review of the Nokia Lumia 2520 here.
1. aayupanday (Posts: 285; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
That's indeed one of the creepiest i've witnessed in recent times...
Nokia's always had a different approach in its ads.
2. saurik (Posts: 85; Member since: 13 May 2013)
WTF did I just watch?! This has to be the lamest ad I've seen in a while.
3. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3425; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
WTF!!! What did I just watch? Man his nails are SO disturbing. lol
4. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3425; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
+1 for saurik for writing almost the same exact post. lol
We were BOTH being disturbed almost at the same time, watching this ad. lol
11. saurik (Posts: 85; Member since: 13 May 2013)
I'm sure almost everyone would have experienced the same, lol.
Edit: Except the hardcore Nokia fanboys.
18. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 720; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
lol what an uncalled for edit i found that disturbing lol dude !
5. protozeloz (Posts: 5284; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
This use the same hair cut logic as GTFA 5
6. good2great (Posts: 1020; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
standing ovation!!! haha that was awesome!
(still getting the iPad Air though)
9. Shatter (Posts: 1744; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The fanboys will say Microsoft is responsible for this piece of crap not Nokia.
19. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 720; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
it says by nokia and their marketing divisions are still separate for now so yeah ! no excuse for anyone !!
10. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 290; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
It's for business or for fun. That's what they're trying to get across.
It's still a weird ad, but I kinda doubt they'll show it on tv much.
12. ajonly (Posts: 11; Member since: 25 May 2013)
i guess negative publicity is something nokia cares not much now. helps them to reach out about the first lumia tablet
13. ZeroCide (Posts: 660; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Wayne's World!!!! Party Time!!!! Excelent!!!!
16. Mrmark (Posts: 68; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
Nice thing to show the tablet without the unicorn keyboard! Also in the only available color besides black.
17. Stuntman (Posts: 642; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
This is slightly better than the Seinfeld ads that Microsoft had a decade ago which isn't saying much.