Crazy Windows Phone Marketplace statistics
1. vvelez5 posted on 06 Sep 2011, 22:59 0 0
That's actually pretty cool. Now do it for the Android Marketplace, Amazon Appstore, Apple Appstore. OVI Store, and APP World.
2. snowgator posted on 07 Sep 2011, 01:12 1 0
I agree. Really fun stats in this write up. Love the fact that smaller developers have a home in Windows.
I have often wondered how many of the apps in the catalogs of Android and the iPhone are "clones", or are just not ever used. The numbers LOOK great for them, but how many are useful? If the Windows Marketplace gets to 100,000 apps, will they really be better than the 25,000 they have now?
5. vvelez5 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 10:36 0 0
Totally agree, Sure the number of 100,000+ apps sounds great but does that really mean anything?
3. haVoc (unregistered) posted on 07 Sep 2011, 01:28 1 0
the part about cloned app is true.
ive seen so many different apps from same person/company that perform the same function but slightly different. they should be options in one parent app!
for example, facebook apps. there are atleast 5 of them out there from same developer, and all that is different is the icons in the interface. even the screenshots are damn same! and the dude is charging 0.99cents per app!!
7. PeterIfromsweden posted on 07 Sep 2011, 13:12 0 3
Agree about the cloned apps on WP7.
The real number of apps on WP7 is much less than what MS is saying.,
9. Lucas777 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 22:55 1 0
haha there are about the same copies as apps on bada--not very much..
6. corps1089 posted on 07 Sep 2011, 12:43 0 0
This explains the issues with Windows Marketplace...