'Commercial Break' for iOS tells you when the commercial is over
While the app sounds like a great idea, right now its use is very limited. Only ten channels in New York City and three everywhere else in the states (ESPN, ESPN2 and CNN) work at this point with "Commercial Break". If you live in the Big Apple or watch those three other networks, the app is worthwhile and the developer says that new channels and areas are being added.
Here's how it works. Let's say you're watching a movie on television. Start up the app and select the network you're watching. When a commercial starts, go ahead, leave the room and make that snack you want. Once the commercial is over, the app will make sure you're alerted.
While this is currently a free download from the Apple App Store, the developer does plan on charging for it eventually.
source: CommercialBreak (iOS) via IntoMobile
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 12621; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Figures you'd say anything to diss iOS, if it was android you'd download it a 100 times. Your screen name says it all dude.
4. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
figures you'd freak out, you iFans think you're so special. Your not, neither is Apple, and a lot of us speak out against your arrogance and your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes
oh and i simply meant i haven't watched live tv since the superbowl, go figure
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 12621; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude I'd love to see one iOS/apple/iPhone article, just one where you don't post a negative/anti comment.
12. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
9. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 401; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
How come you conclude that people who like Apple's products and/or services believe that they are something special or arrogant? That are pretty bad prejudices. You are full of hate.
11. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Not hate, fact, i said in MY experience.
6. AfterShock (Posts: 2970; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Put a bingo game into it for granny and it'll be in the top ten no doubt.
7. bossmt_2 (Posts: 437; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
I'd be interested behind the tech for this. Basically Apple is making a product that could cost other corporations money. Basically it only supports certain channels as it is.
8. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 401; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
The product (app CB) is not designed by Apple in California but made by an external developer offering it for iOS!
10. Topcat488 (Posts: 1173; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
With the way the volume shoots up during most commercials, this App is superfluous. Haven't you noticed that the sound jumps 40% louder during a CB. What a waste of a apps store space. You can hear the TV in the livingroom to the back patio during commercials these days.