Buy the BlackBerry Q10 from T-Mobile today, online from Verizon tomorrow
Verizon's version of the QWERTY equipped BlackBerry Q10 will go on sale tomorrow for online buyers. Available in black or white, the phone will cost $199.99 with a signed two-year contract. The phone will be available from Verizon's brick and mortar stores beginning June 10th. The nation's largest carrier had started accepting pre-orders for the device at the end of last month.
BlackBerry Z10 was an attempt to entice Android and iOS users to join the BlackBerry 10 platform, the Q10 is really aimed at owners of some older BlackBerry models like the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930. BlackBerry fans love that BlackBerry keyboard including Google CEO Eric Schmidt who has already voiced his feelings about the 'Berry keyboard.
AT&T has just started taking pre-orders today for the BlackBerry Q10 which is also priced at $199.99 with a signed two-year pact. Sprint has said that it would offer the phone later this summer.
source: T-Mobile, Verizon via IntoMobile
1. cdgoin (Posts: 378; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Well someone is headed to their T-mobile store this afternoon. Crossing my fingers the camera and BB10 experience are better than my old Dell Venue with 7.8.
Getting tired of waiting for WP to come out with a portrait QWERTY. So, for now looks like I will have to give BB10 a spin since Nokia is only doing the Asha as a QWERTY, and there aren't any other high end portrait QWERTY phones on the market.
2. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Omg! I thought I was the only one!
I too had a DVP running WP7.8 but sold it in Jan on account of it being too bulky. But otherwise it was a splendid phone.
I am dying to have phone with WinPho8 and portrait QWERTY! I wish XDA-Dev were still hacking WP8 so I could put it on some other blank portrait QWERTY device.
Let me know how the BB10 feels like? Miss a good keyboard. >.<
3. cdgoin (Posts: 378; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Check my twitter feed @midlojagz hope others reply my my tweets to Windowsphone and Microsoft. So far I like the Q10. Have to get use to the software. I think if I could get WP8 on my DVP I would stick with it. But apps from 7.5 dont work on it and new apps for 8.0 dont work on it., and the camera sucks. So time for an upgrade. I have been holding off for a while. BUt when Nokia and Elop basically said don't hold your breath.. what am I supposed to do I NEED A QWERTY Phone..
8. cdgoin (Posts: 378; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Well.. my quick review.
1) Buggy and touchy OS.. requires far too much motion to get things to work and active on the touch screen. Seems all gestures have to be all the way from one to the other side of screen to work perfectly. Then other times it flips screens with a mind of its own.
2) Screen response wasSlowww.........
3) Camera was extremely overrated. My Dell Venue seems to take equally crappy, fuzzy photos in low light, and equally Eh.. pictures in sunlight.
1) Keyboard is fantastic.. larger than old typical BB. Great tactile feel.
2) Screen is larger than you would expect..
3) Although visually looks smaller than the Dell Venue Pro, its the same height and width.. But a lot thinner and with rounded corners to make it seem smaller.
4) Build quality really shines through. BB did a great job with THE PHONE.
That all said at $579, I nothing compels me to replace my Dell Venue Pro (w/ WP7.8) like I was planning to do.
1) Camera isn't overly better
2) Camera software was basic and again not a big difference
3) Screen is smaller, and not visually more refined than the DVP.
4) BB apps store no better than WP one.
So although I fully intended to replace my 2-1/2' year old Dell Venue Pro with the BB Q10. I am going to have to hold off and hope Nokia finally announces a QWERTY, or wait for the next gen Q10 (Or possibly a new torch).
9. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Regarding BB they have the R10 coming out.
If you do switch to Q10 earlier than expected it would be great if you upload a video review and as you and i have the same expectations from our phones. Which is why we went with DVP in the first place :)
It was so close to perfect! I wish they had made it a non slider qwerty with a smaller screen for WP but the keyboard in the front.
10. cdgoin (Posts: 378; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
The R10 and A10 both only have 5MP cameras. BB is seeming to miss the point that the camera is one of the front lines in Smartphones now.
The HTC Dash 3G was one of my favorite phones, but if the DVP is still my favorite. I like the larger 4.1" screen and the hideway keyboard. In any case, right now I truly can't seem to find a better phone for the price than my DVP. I'm getting new DVPs' off ebay for $120 now, upgrading them to 7.8 and storing them. That way have a stash of them until what I want comes out.
I mean Nokia could do it with little effort. They have the Asha 210. So they have the keyboard. I think if they got rid of the buttons on the front, gave it the 822 camera (so it would have a really good, just not great 8 MP Camera), and increased the screen to be similar to the BB Q10 3.1, it would work.
11. cdgoin (Posts: 378; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Q10 vs Asha vs Dell Venue Pro. Surprised how "old" the Asha seems as far as specs.. and how well the DVP specs seem to hold up given 2.5 years in the mobile world is a lifetime.
12. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
Agreed! I just wish it was slimmer now or had the bar/non slider portrait qwerty HTC Dash style >.< Only reason I sold it.
Currently sporting and HTC Radar but will switch for HTC 8x as I love their Hub tile with the live tile clock. :)
6. blackberrysucks2006 (banned) (Posts: 4; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
junk phone a terrible mobile network!