Burglar breaks into Steve Jobs' house, gets his driver's license, a bottle of Cris, and a whole lot of Apple gear
- iPhones, iPads, Macs and iPods. The haul included a small demo-sized MacBook, three iPads, three iPods, two iPhones, an Apple TV device and a Mac Mini specially installed for Jobs by an Apple engineer.
- Steve’s wallet, including his driver’s license. The wallet contained $1 in cash, plus an Apple corporate American Express card, a titanium American Express black card and a Bank of America Visa card.
- $60,000 of Tiffany & Co. jewelry, including a $33,000 platinum and aquamarine-bead necklace; a platinum necklace with 247 round brilliant diamonds weighing 5 carats, with nine carved aquamarine drops valued at $28,500; and a $2,950 pair of earrings.
- A bottle of Louis Roederer Cristal champagne.
- A Sodastream soda-making machine.
- A Ninja kitchen blender.
- A pair of Monster Beats by Dr. Dre headphones.
- A SanDisk media storage device.
- He also took a key to a Mercedes-Benz that was parked at the house, but he did not take the car.
24. PhilTech (Posts: 11; Member since: 16 Jun 2012)
But wait!! There's more!! It's not just any regular blender it's a "NINJA!!" kitchen blender
45. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
A bottle of Louis Roederer Cristal champagne.
A Sodastream soda-making machine.
A Ninja kitchen blender.
A pair of Monster Beats by Dr. Dre headphones.
2. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3515; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Man why must this happen? What ever happened to clean living. This is super crazy. I mean I never liked Steve Jobs, but to rob his house is just plain wrong.
Why do people keep setting themselves back. Why not use that cunning for good & to better yourself then to keep holding yourself back? Some people are just so sad.
4. android_hitman (Posts: 587; Member since: 07 Jul 2010)
because people are stupid... we as a race we are prone to this kind of stuff :(
14. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3515; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Ultimately you are correct. It's a natural human deficiency in us. Cavemen did it, all the way to right now. It's just sad that we can't see this & make better decisions with our lives.
27. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its not just the human race, its most every creature in the world. Its accumulation of resources by any means possible.. survival of the fittest does not mean fair play.
That said, this guy is a douche and a moron. What the hell. 1 in a million chance to get in and out of SJ's house without getting caught and he does it. Think about all the security systems that must have been OFF at that moment.... Then he's dumb enough to hook into SJ's online accounts!?! I'm not advocating robbery because thats BS lowlife crap to do, but seriously dont be such an idiot about it. Had he went and just pawned it or put it on Ebay he could have sold everything before it was even reported stolen. What a moron. I hope they throw the books at him just for stupidity.
33. e_photo867 (Posts: 7; Member since: 10 May 2012)
wish i could thumbs this up more times...this guy is a complete idiot and what he did was obviously wrong. But i guess if you're gonna do something this dumb, you're too dumb to be smart about it.
42. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3515; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I agree, but what sets us apart from all other creatures is the ability to reason & conscience. An animal does it to survive & doesn't feel bad about it. Us as humans can make choices & see what a future outcome will be from our actions. I mean he knew 2 possible outcomes from his heist. Either he would get away with it or he would get caught. He made his choice & now he is in the news.
This person is sad because he knew this was bad but did it anyways. Again a human deficiency.
19. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 933; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I agree. As an african-american male, this really set US back because this is how society looks at us and im tired of it. Plus, you rob a man that passed away almost a year ago?? HOW STUPID CAN YOU BE????? I understand hard times (and we've all been thru that), but i wouldnt steal to make ends meet.
im tired of giving people, especially within my own race, a pass. he needs to do what everyone does..............GET A DAMN JOB!!! he receives no sympathy from me.
31. Chakra (Posts: 116; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
I agree. But what makes you think he hasn't tried, or was trying? How do you know he hasn't reached the breaking point? A judge hasn't even tried this case yet, yet most people on this board already feel they have enough evidence to put this guy away for life. SAD
37. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 933; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
i dont think that he should be put away for life, but "if you do the crime, do the time" Id say that he'd do about 3-5 yrs and hopefully he'll learn his lesson after that
43. Chakra (Posts: 116; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
If he does do full 3-5 to life in the California penal system, I'll be very disappointed. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but I'm sure there other convicted thieves that are multiple offenders that has done less time, or released early. Though I wouldn't be surprised, if it's because he robbed STEVE JOBS - god of men, and savior of humanity
51. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
he admitted he's been stealing from people for a while. That's a person that decided stealing was better than working.
If they connect him to other robberies he will be going away for even longer. Besides the value of the stuff that he stole puts him under grand larceny in California (above 400 in value), which makes it a federal crime. The guy is likely going bye-bye for a good while.
47. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
3-5 years?? did you read how much stuff he stole??
LOL dude that's MORE than enough to be a felon
This guy could very well be doing life beind bars...
49. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
COULD........but he will most likely get off easier than that because its his first offense :)
53. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
really? you need more evidence? Stealing (especially this much stuff) is not justifiable by any means.
@Jerediah3: I feel you bro, as a PuertoRican I can also relate.
50. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 933; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
you all make valid points. i dont live in california so I dont know what their criminal system is like........either way, he's going to jail for a while lol
22. good2great (Posts: 1035; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
hey nothing else to say but it's not a perfect world we live in... smh
28. p0rkguy (Posts: 677; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
He was a football player that never made the cut and has now hit rock bottom, living in his car.
Going from a life of semi-luxury, State football player, and hitting rock bottom, I'm surprised he just robbed a house.
3. dejanmanas (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
A pair of Monster Beats by Dr. Dre headphones ??? He's not using the earphones which come with all Apple products? Maybe he got them when he bought HTC Sensation ... :)
6. -box- (Posts: 3568; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
...seems like steve (or another resident) liked late-night infomercials. Sodastream and a Ninja
Glad they caught the theif. Hard times doesn't justify theft and burglary
32. lateralus (Posts: 6; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Yes, thankfully nobody was hurt, but if you've ever had your house broken into, you know that feeling of violation knowing that a stranger was going through your belongings. Glad they caught him and hope this guy gets his life together.
41. Watchmanz (Posts: 12; Member since: 01 May 2012)
Why is this mobile news? When did PA turn into CNN?
44. Chakra (Posts: 116; Member since: 02 Dec 2009)
C'mon now. PA will report how many times Steve Jobs shakes (after peeing), if they can find someone who they think knows definitively. LOL
48. skymitch89 (Posts: 983; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I wonder if any of the iPhones, iPads, Macs, or iPods were of the prototype make? I'm sure that the guy was looking for some unreleased devices/prototypes.
52. 714reyesj (Posts: 33; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
could he just have factory reset everything and setup them up new and been cool?
63. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
But he wasn't smart enough to know that.
55. Seannyc (Posts: 59; Member since: 21 Jul 2012)
This is stupid guess this guy does not know apple tracks everything and knows where you are at XD
P.S: Stealing from a dead guys is shameful,im Chinese and this is a very dishonor action in traditional chinese view.
56. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Well he's black and it's in his tradition to commit acts like this.... Nothing new...
57. whysoserious (Posts: 313; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
He thought he was going to transform into a master ninja escapee when he took the ninja kitchen blender but no. This guy watch too much anime.
58. flipjzn (Posts: 78; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
Glad to read comments attacking the 'act' not steve jobs and Apple. Shows not many anti-apple are dumb and inconsiderate to bash/ hate rather than attack the wrongdoing of this guy.
Times like this I give all the fanboys thumbs up! :)
59. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1435; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Lol whoa!!! That was great lick,,, all that jewelry
60. Dion25 (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
It's easy to Judge a person when you've never walked in thier shoes. Let he without Sin cast the 1st stone. I don't condone his actions at all and he should most definitely be punished for his crime, but 3-5 years, I'm not sure he deserves that. He didn't hurt anyone, he didn't even physically break into the home he used a spare key. He just happen to choose the home of the late Steve Jobs which makes this case high profile. All the items were recovered so the estate lost nothing, plus no insurance claims were filed.
61. Dion25 (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
" Android4u posted on 6 hours ago
Well he's black and it's in his tradition to commit acts like this.... Nothing new..."
All I can say is wow! I ve been reading this forums for a long time now and just recently started posting. This is a racist comment that you should be Banned! from posting on this site for. Even if you felt this way you should consider the feelings of other black members of this site before posting such a DUMB! Comment. Btw have you notice the President is Black? So I guess it's in his tradition to commit robberies too ?
64. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
The president is half black and half white!! He ain't a real African American and by that I mean he can't trace both parents ancestors to Africa. He's a mutt just me. By the way...... Let's go Romney!!
66. Dion25 (Posts: 42; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
Half Black and Half White means your Black. 70% of african americans have mixed blood so you speak for the majority of the black race when you say you cannot trace both parents ancestors to Africa. How would you feel if I was to say the White idiot that shot and killed those innocent ppl in Colorado at the Batman premier was showing typical behavior of the white race? That would be wrong of me to blame a entire race for 1 persons actions.