BBM what? WhatsApp has over 250M monthly users
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Bbm what? The title is a bit misleading, I thought whatsapp spokesmen jab bbm...
just like Google+ competing facebook, no matter how awesome the Google+ is, people is on the comfort zone in the facebook pillows :)
19. jsdechavez (Posts: 699; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Agree with Wendy.. Just Michael H adding a little something.. The feature doesn't even make mention of the BBM user count, only Twitter which is not exactly a messaging client.
3. WestFiasco (unregistered)
I still prefer BBM to Whatsapp, i hope the android version will be just as good as the native Blackberry versoion.
20. jsdechavez (Posts: 699; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
But BBM still doesn't allow calls via cellular.
21. WestFiasco (unregistered)
All in due time, In my opinion BBM performs similar to a social network while whatsapp is just a messaging application with a few features thrown in over time. It was created out of the necessity for a cross platform messaging service, out of all the current cross platform messaging services whatsapp is the best. If BBM goes cross platform my opinion of whatsapp as the best will change.
10. a_tumiwa (Posts: 216; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
and many IMs are better than BBM, but not as famous as BBM, its all about marketing/brand image/who`s first/luck , etc
12. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 846; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
What's App is far superior with their last couple of updates. The problem with BBM is they waited WAY too long to join the fun in other platforms. If they had come out with it for Android or IOS years ago like everyone wanted to they would be untouchable.
The problem is we're all creatures of habit. What's App works great and all my friends are already on it so why switch to BBM. I have the same issue with Hangouts. Even though I love the interface and works phenomenal, I generally only use it for video chats.
6. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
i wonder if android will have a dedicated messaging service like BBM or imessage
ifreakin hate iwords
11. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 846; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
It's called Hangouts and works amazingly based on my experience with it. It's like a What's App with video and group video chatting with one touch.
8. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Whatsapp is intended to reach mass without chocking terms and conditions so is popular.
9. a_tumiwa (Posts: 216; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
maybe 3-4 years later, would surpass skype
13. Jason2k13 (Posts: 627; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
soon whatsapp will not be free, id like to see how many users they will have after that update.
14. Retro-touch (Posts: 248; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Its not intended to be free forever, they give you 9 months then you have to pay either way, they're running a business bro
17. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 846; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
didn't they change that policy because so many people were jumping ship to other messaging platforms?
18. a_tumiwa (Posts: 216; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
my whatsapp on android give me free the first year then u need pay for the next years , 1 dollar / year
not expensive but without credit card, it`s annoying
22. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2331; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Michael, your headline is misleading. I thought it would be about BBM vs Whatsapp.