Average user looks at phone 150 times a day: here is what we are looking at
All earlier studies had this number below 100 so having the then new report about the reality being 50% higher is quite shocking. Interestingly, T-Mobile has confirmed the same number for the U.S. market in a study of its own last year. And in the UK, claims are that number has reached 200.
But what are people really looking at all those times? Former Nokia executive and currently market analyst Tomi Ahonen paints a picture of the habits of the average user. Take a look and let us know - what do you look at most on your phone?
source: Communities Dominate Brands
Here is what we look at when we look at our phone 150 times a day
1. MESSAGING 23 times a day
2. VOICE CALLS 22 times
3. CLOCK 18 times
4. ALARM 8 times
6. MUSIC PLAYER 13 times
7. GAMING 12 times
8. CALENDAR 5 times
9. SOCIAL MEDIA 9 times
10. NEWS 6 times
11. SEARCH 3 times
12. WEB 3 times
13. VIDEO 6 times
14. CHARGING PHONE 3 times
15. VOICE MAIL 1 times
16. APPS AND OTHERS 10 times
1. chemhaz (Posts: 160; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I thought porn would have made the list, I know a few guys that show and talk about x.video clips they find throughout the day.
4. Ameliahunter (Posts: 26; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
I guess porn goes under "videos" in this list
2. nicholassss (Posts: 348; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I'd be really interested to see how many times i look at my phone each day.
3. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Web 3 looks per day?
Make that 3-4 hours per day
6. Ameliahunter (Posts: 26; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
It's for an average user... Many users don't use their phones for web at all or use it rarely. Like me, for example :D
5. Ameliahunter (Posts: 26; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
I almost don't look at the calendar, voice mail and news on my phone, but the rest seems to be correct... And I think I look at the clock even more often than 18 times a day :)))
11. 14545 (Posts: 1101; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I don't typically use mine for news, but I know I look at it at least 50 times a day for the time. I'm sure it's more than that though.
7. groupsacc (Posts: 232; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Half of the times I look at my phone is with no purpose at all. Just to marvel at my customised homescreen layout. lol
9. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
iphone zero times...Nexus 4 all the time...
10. Ohrules (Posts: 312; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
i look at others' phone almost as much as mine. the look-at-all-the-phones-you-can craze can get to sometimes ^__^