Are these the DROIDs you're looking for? Verizon announces event for July 23rd
1. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
I wonder if they wont forget about their keyboard loving people and do a DROID 5. Im doubting. (i have a full touchscreen but have co workers who swear by keyboards) and it would be cool to see a DROID with a keyboard and todays specs.
6. VZWuser76 (Posts: 4213; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I think unless Samsung comes out with a Stratosphere 3 that keyboards are going away from Android. The Droid 4 was released around the beginning of 2012, so I doubt they're planning another one, but if they do it'd have to have LTE, since Verizon isn't allowing new 3G smartphones (started that in mid 2012 I believe).
Beyond that there's the BB Q10, but that's a BB style keyboard, not a traditional QWERTY. I've got 2 people on my share plan who are resistant to touchscreen keyboards, so I told them they better practice with the touchscreen on their sliders to get the hang of it.
16. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
I hope Verizon gets this phone:-
2. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No they arn't, cause the Razr Max looks bettet than this!
Also specs will be another let down always by Moto cause there like Nokia always behind in specs
Bring on the OMAP 5 4480
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
There was a time when Moto had cool phones. But those days were long ago. Maybe change is in the air.
15. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 441; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Not expecting anything game changing from these devices because there was really any marketing done for these products. I think Moto is just trying to generate some revenue. The only thing from this is that it will give Moto fans a chance to catch up with the rest of the consumers that own Sammy, HTC and LG devices.
However, Verizon could have done better with the names to give these phones a shot.
24. roldefol (Posts: 4258; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
MOTOROLA ÜBERDROID. I'd buy any phone with an umlaut in it.
8. roldefol (Posts: 4258; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Every time you post about the OMAP 5, you just prove you have no clue what you're talking about. TI has been out of the mobile market for over a year now. The "crapdragon" reigns supreme.
10. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
The "crapdragon," as you call it, provides good battery life and fantastic performance.
13. roldefol (Posts: 4258; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
But but but it's not an A15!! Clearly the nonexistent, probably canceled OMAP 5 is the superior silicon.
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
Another DROID brand phone?
Ain't nobody got time for dat...
20. roldefol (Posts: 4258; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
But it got 5 thumbs up! It must have been super clever.
7. roldefol (Posts: 4258; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
"unveil the next generation of one of [its] most popular family of devices"
You mean Verizon is getting an exclusive on the Galaxy S5??
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if these can come out before the One and the Moto X then i'll probably really consider getting one.
18. SupermanayrB (Posts: 571; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Even if it comes out after I'm still getting it. I've never liked HTC & I'll have to see if the Moto X will have what I want.
11. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Now I'm torn. I would really love the kind of battery life the Maxx will provide, and Verizon's employee plan is pretty kickass, but I don't know if I want to do a carrier locked phone again.
22. SupermanayrB (Posts: 571; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I guess call me a Storm Trooper then.
25. vzw_customer (Posts: 14; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
reception wise, I think motorola is the best. feature wise, samsung may be the best