Apple to cut shipments of the Apple iPad mini by 20% in advance of a new model?
increased competition in the low priced 7 inch sector by various Android tablets.
According to the sources, the Cupertino based tech titan has adjusted its 2013 shipping schedule to 33 million iPads and 55 million iPad mini units. One of the most expected changes on a new Apple iPad mini would be a replacement of the rather low resolution screen with a panel offering a Retina display.
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
-Design remains the same
(Sorry Apple fans.)
9. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
You are right man, I am sick of apple, every year the same thing...
Samsung products on the other hand are all about innovation, just take a look at the galaxy s4.It might look exactly like the s3, the display quality might be almost identical and the processor pretty much the same but all the rest are full innovation and originality...
The same would apply for the note1 and note2 and of course the tab1 and tab2.
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes, I totally agree with you. Don't forget Sony, HTC, LG etc. have full innovation on their phones too. Even a chinese phone Huawei have more innovation than Apple.
16. joey_sfb (Posts: 3703; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I just hope Samsung has a big funny ad waiting to be aired when apple launch their new ipad mini.
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 13799; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
U and me both. Those ads are classics.
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
How so sad and pathetic buying the same phone over and over again with the same boooooooooring iOs from 2008!!!!!!
At least make it like Android JellyBean!
20. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Its impossible for Apple of making iOS look like Jelly Bean, but I agree with you! :)
2. tech2 (Posts: 2655; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Excuses...excuses ! Why would they need to 'cut' 10-12 million units if they already knew a they were going to introduce a new product ?
I mean obviously they knew they were going to introduce new iPad around this time. So they should have forcasted accordingly ! If they slashing those numbers that means their sales are not as forecasted not because of the new iPad
3. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
Dude..... the iPad Mini isnt even that old..... Apple. you remind me of a copy machine. stuck on repeat.
4. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
The iPad mini is basically an iPad2 with a smaller footprint. Apple has reached saturation point for the buyers who blindly buy whatever they sell. To get the more demanding market, means time to bump up the specs to compete with what is available for less from the Android universe.
Only question is when, not whether.
5. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
they should look for better stuff to bring not only hardware upgrade. nowadays apple is becoming a boring tech.
no more innovations.
-bring something in my plate please. hehe
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 13799; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'm not basing it on who sells the most, but all prior iPads have been big time winners as far as sales, customer satisfaction rate, and market share. The only other tablet that even matter are kindles, N1's, and Sammy's.
19. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
The SONY Z TABLET IS THE KING IN DESIGN WITH PURE RECTANGLE WITH NO UGLY CURVES WITH FLAT REAR BACK!
If the iPad 4 had features taken from Android JB sales would've progress even more!
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 13799; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Troll I didn't understand the last part about the iPad 4 bro
7. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
That should take take care of the stocks.. lower please!
8. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
"According to the sources, the Cupertino based tech titan has adjusted its 2013 shipping schedule to 33 million iPads and 55 million iPad mini units."
Shipping more minis than full size iPads? I guess people do want smaller tablets...
13. Aeires (unregistered)
Or buy more of what they can afford. Despite everything Apple keeps repeating, the Mini is cannibalizing sales of the full sized iPad.
It's probably a little of both, 7" range of tablets desirable to carry around.
12. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Reduce margins else demand will reduce :)
14. Aeires (unregistered)
I find this all comical after reading months and months of "DOA" iFan comments written about Android 7" tablets when Samsung released the OG Tab. Couple of years later and 7" range of tablets dominate the landscape, enough to make even Apple produce a tablet in that size range. And now they are finally seeing how much competition there is and how difficult it'll be if they keep over pricing the competition.
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Wendygarret is limited PA have sent her to a weeks vacation
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 13799; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Wow really? Has she ever been limited?
25. CreeDiddy (Posts: 407; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
You have to admit that they will be first to achieve full HD on a 7" tablet. At $429 this tablet will sell like wildfire.
For those that think that iOS isn't different, let's wait to make that assessment with iOS7.
26. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6874; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
How can u say new? Put this "same model" there's nothing new bout the ipad so im going too sleep now. "Zzzzzzz".