Apple teases Black Friday online and in-store participation
We're not told exactly what to expect, though the image itself showcases an iPad, a SmartCover and a pair of Apple's EarPod, tied into the shape of a bow. These will all most likely end up for sale come Friday, and we're fairly sure that the folks from the land Down Under won't be alone in their good fortunes.
As you can see, Apple will be holding sales both online and in its brick & mortar retail locations, with the former getting free shipping as a bonus. If you squint real hard and give the fine pint a read, it'll dawn on you that usual Black Friday terms apply – prices, for one, are only valid from 12:01am to 11:59pm on November 29. Moreover, Black Friday-specific deals can't be paired with other, existing offers, not to mention that the promotional prices are only applicable for the stock at hand.
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8706; Member since: 14 May 2012)
They should ship all iPads with EarPods. It takes less than $1.00 to manufacture yet they can't include it...
2. Finalflash (Posts: 1811; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
$1 times 14 million iPads sold (last quarter) is $14 million. That is why they can't include it.
3. marbovo (Posts: 655; Member since: 16 May 2013)
which represent 0,2% of the income from the ipad air($499)
12. Taters (Posts: 3280; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
They already raped you for 100 billion in pure liquid cash. They can spare 14 million to buy some lube for their customers.....
Especially after the bully Apple took Samsung's lunch money to a tune of 1 billion and principle Obama was a poor enough principle to let it happen. In fact, he helped the bully get away with something by vetoing it.
7. dspkblympkbl (Posts: 49; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I don't understand, for such a design driven company, that's a huge omission...thats what I don't like about apple, they're very one-sided.
9. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Why is it an omission? Did you get free EarPods or equivalent when you last purchased a laptop?
4. downphoenix (Posts: 2359; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
It's that time of the year again where Apple fans can save 1% off their choice of an Iphone, Ipad, or Mac. If they go with a Macbook they can save like, $10!
Aren't they so generous?
5. saurik (Posts: 86; Member since: 13 May 2013)
$200 off the new MacBook Pros.
$150 off the new MacBook Airs.
$100 off the AT&T's iPhone 5S.
Get your facts straight.
6. dspkblympkbl (Posts: 49; Member since: 23 May 2013)
I think he was being sarcastic, but w/e
11. Taters (Posts: 3280; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Lowering your prices from 50% higher than your competitors to only 45% higher than your competitors for one day isn't generous at all any way you want to slice it. There is a fact for for you. Lol
14. Daftama (Posts: 563; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Hey hey hey we are Apple we can do because consumers will let's just the average person isn't smarter then the average bear
10. Daftama (Posts: 563; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
It gets better and we will give you $10 in App store credit lol