Apple iPhone 4 Specifications | Review
source: Apple via Engadget
1. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
what about on some atliest the calls actually get dropped when you touch it there
22. matt1q2aw3 (unregistered)
Where is "ILOVEIPHONE25" to defend apple... He/she is usually early in on these comments
35. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
He got pwned hardcore in a different article so he might be crying himself to sleep right about now, besides theres nothing you can defend here lol
40. wade1968 (Posts: 224; Member since: 12 Apr 2010)
hi matt. the new Iphone was pushed to stores to soon.Apple trying to keep up with the compatision, went to fast with their new phone.The problems are not the phone, but everything they tried to put into the phone.
55. PhoneLuver (Posts: 481; Member since: 05 Jul 2010)
I think it's a sign that Apple is maturing. Traditionally Apple produced products for a rather small niche market. This gave them the time to test, perfect their products and really think out of the box. However, as they've become more popular especially after the original iPhone they no longer have those luxuries. They now have to bow to the same pressures all other "mainstream" companies have to! In many ways they are in the position Microsoft was in a few years ago.. With product deadlines and the pressure to be first to market, innovation becomes more and more difficult! Let's hope that these errors can be minimized and eliminated. I truly admire the company for its commitment to excellence! I believe that Apple's main contribution to the market is that it's raised the bar of products consumers can expect. We can see that in products like the Nexus one and Motorola droid. Let's see what WP can offer and if Nokia can remain relevant in future.. They SERIOUSLY need to work on their P.R. though!
2. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Let the mocking begin. It's probably justified. There - I said it.
39. hornetmx (Posts: 71; Member since: 12 Mar 2010)
WHAT??????? You have been defending from the start and now you go out like that? dissapointing. Understandable but dssapointing.
43. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Well, they promised a software fixed on monday, remember? So they deserve a bit of a punishment in terms of bad internet opinion on some remote phone site out there..
48. wade1968 (Posts: 224; Member since: 12 Apr 2010)
Sorry ilia 1986 i read what you typed to fast and hit the minus key.
3. hcbarclay (Posts: 62; Member since: 20 Dec 2009)
sounds like APPLE is QUIETLY saying that ATT coverage isnt as strong as ATT wants you to think it is...
45. DonkeyPunched (Posts: 321; Member since: 10 Jan 2010)
I still don't understand how they messed this up. I mean, they are expected of so much from everyone that something like this shouldn't have been a problem. They've made 3 generations, so how could they screw up the fourth one?
49. wade1968 (Posts: 224; Member since: 12 Apr 2010)
Apple went to fast trying to make everyone happy. And to keep up with HTC.
4. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
crApple is gettin scared! A class-action suit is announced and a day later they admit a problem and say a fix is on the way? Coincidence? NAH!
5. BlackberryUser (Posts: 609; Member since: 26 Jun 2009)
This really has nothing to do with the class action law suit. The law suit is for the antenna problem the article clearly says hasn't been addressed.
11. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
Okay so they adopt a new signal formula to mask the problem so when you grip the phone it still LOOKS like it has signal...Thats just my speculation and opinion, we'll see what happens.
30. E.N. (Posts: 2610; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I hope this works out. Like in some places I had 1-2 bars with other AT&T phones but my iPhone showed 5 full bars and dropped all the way to 1 if I hold it. It doesn't change the fact that the signal is 1 bar now, but maybe it was suppose to be at 2 bars to begin with anyways. And I did a quick little test where I did the death grip when driving in the back seat of a car. I death gripped my iPhone the entire time and instead of staying at 1 bar the whole time like you'd expect with the death grip, the signal would actually go up depending on my location. But we'll see what happens later I guess.
50. wade1968 (Posts: 224; Member since: 12 Apr 2010)
I think your Iphone with the aluminum body was trying to use your bady for a better signal.
6. scottmbolt (unregistered)
How can any Apple fanboy actually defend this rubbish?
7. hcbarclay (Posts: 62; Member since: 20 Dec 2009)
yeah how can they?! sounds like the lemmings have another story to believe in
17. CHEFJEFF (Posts: 143; Member since: 22 Sep 2009)
Because their loyal and obedient to their master and God Steve ASSHOLE Jobs!
21. matt1q2aw3 (unregistered)
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Translation: Steve Jobs is GOD!!!
46. DonkeyPunched (Posts: 321; Member since: 10 Jan 2010)
Well, you guys have to understand too, this isn't something really expected of Apple. Like I said in an earlier post, they are seen as the top smartphone right now by majority of people that it kinda seems like something such as an antenna problem is kinda silly. I still haven't experienced the "death grip" issue and I've played with my sister's iPhone all day to see if it'd happen, but it didn't. Iono, I'm not gonna buy any phone until I'm certain.
51. wade1968 (Posts: 224; Member since: 12 Apr 2010)
Steve jobs is growing older could we all please not judge the man?
9. dahaka17 (Posts: 61; Member since: 08 Jun 2010)
so is apple trying to say that if a phone reads no service and thier is service it just drops the call? that doesnt sound like logical programming because you would want a phone to continue on a call untill the service is completly unavailable
53. wade1968 (Posts: 224; Member since: 12 Apr 2010)
I Think apple is trying to get At&t to understand that At&ts' cellular system need a huge upgrade.
10. bbatts22 (Posts: 17; Member since: 19 Feb 2010)
I thought you the phone just needed to be held differently or a bumper applied? I hold it different now, and I bought a 50.00 bumper, now I just wait for software to reshape my BARS on my phone? WTF. Can I buy an iphone 5 yet?
13. zerglisk (Posts: 544; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
No iPhone 5 but instead iPhone 4G and 4GS!!!! LOL
36. cc16177 (Posts: 312; Member since: 09 May 2010)
Hahaha, that made me laugh. Thanks :) Just like someone I was talking to about their problems with their iPhone (he is severely suffering from the antenna issue). I asked him "can't you return the phone?" His reply "it was hard enough to get, why would I return it?!?!" Yes, it was hard to get, it must be good...
37. ukfan15 (Posts: 12; Member since: 02 Jul 2010)
What sad bbatts is that even after the fail of the Iphone4 you would still want to purchase an Iphone 5.... brainwashed...
54. wade1968 (Posts: 224; Member since: 12 Apr 2010)
zerglisk you hit the "nail right on its head".
12. zerglisk (Posts: 544; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
Now I really wanna see what "iPhoneLove25" wants to say regarding to this topic. With his comments, I probably can believe "Love is blind" this phrase.
14. narley (Posts: 357; Member since: 14 May 2009)
So which of these problems did an ANDROID every display? hmmmm thats right.... NONE
16. zerglisk (Posts: 544; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
Actually nexus 1 had a similar issue regarding to antenna earlier but at least google got the balls to admit and fix the problem.
15. CHEFJEFF (Posts: 143; Member since: 22 Sep 2009)
Well that still won't fix the problem with the phone actually losing signal. Who gives a DAMN if the signal strength indicator isn't working properly. The software fix won't FIX the problem, if you pick up the phone the wrong way, it's still gonna drop calls. Apple is F******G amazing. They must think people are really are really stupid.
18. de 2 philly (Posts: 21; Member since: 11 Jun 2010)
It wont fix the problem; it'll just show you if anything that youre in a worse coverage area than the original "formula" said you were in... FAIL So whos switching to the EVO now? lol
20. zerovampire311 (Posts: 42; Member since: 22 Jun 2009)
This sounds like "Hey, hold on to your phone past your 30 day mark, so you can't cancel." Nice strategy there Apple...
25. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Whoa - can you cancel a contract in the USA within 30 days?
24. ruoliver (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Jul 2010)
Wait... so every iPhone since the first one OVER estimates the signal strength by 2-3 bars? So when it say you have two bars you really have none? Thats really lame Apple
34. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
AMERICA IS A LAW SUIT COUNTRY THIS WHY ALOT OF COMPANIES MOVED TO CHINA. CHINA HAVE MORE JOBS FOR ALL PEOPLE.
41. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
That will change soon as the CHINESE are demanding more - soon, jobs will return back to the states - or more will move to other countries with less stringent rules....maybe IRAQ someday will be the next CHINA...
44. shaunieo (Posts: 20; Member since: 04 Sep 2009)
good god u fanboys need to either get lives (or just get some) b/c u make this site make TMZ look like the New York Times with your 2nd grade bitching.........
47. wade1968 (Posts: 224; Member since: 12 Apr 2010)
Apple went to fast trying to get the Iphone 4 to market, to catch up with HTC. Had apple slowed down, they could have made a better phone for everyone.
56. oliver marshall (unregistered)
i am so gay ha ha ha ha !!!!!!