Apple iPhone 5 sent to carriers for testing with production starting soon
The final round of testing deals only with the handset's compatibility to a network and doesn't require a large number of employees to look at the phone. Why a black box? Most likely to make sure that the carrier doesn't mix up the box with its inventory of Apple iPhone 4 units. You can imagine what would happen if a carrier accidentally sold an iPhone 5 prototype to a customer.
While no one knows for certain that these black boxes contain the new Apple iPhone, what else would be in a special sealed box coming from Apple that can't be opened except by certain people?
source: TheGuardian via RedmondPie
2. joey18 posted on 02 Aug 2011, 21:31 0 11
is real the story when the phone show to those people thas easy to take a pic to the public
5. wishyouwerebeer (unregistered) posted on 02 Aug 2011, 21:58 8 0
wow this really hurt my head
23. quakan posted on 03 Aug 2011, 00:51 1 0
A little sentence structure would help, really lol
32. 530gemini posted on 03 Aug 2011, 02:15 1 0
@joey18. You just made my nose bleed. Such a profound comment.
54. asdf123 (unregistered) posted on 04 Aug 2011, 07:49 1 0
For the first time in a LONG time, i had to read, re-read, and re-re-read a comment on the internet... and still have no idea what the poster was talking about. Congrats!
4. The_Miz posted on 02 Aug 2011, 21:58 6 14
Lol, too bad Android never produces hype like this.
8. luis_lopez_351 posted on 02 Aug 2011, 22:22 6 2
Are u kidding me??? People are going nuts for the upcoming SGSII, Droid Bionic, Nexus Prime.
9. twenti7 posted on 02 Aug 2011, 22:45 8 3
Correction: Tech geeks are going nuts for the SGS2 and Bionic. Any average person hears about those and is like "ok cool" while those who hear iPhone think "wow, I wish I had one". I gotta give credit to Apples marketing team. They definitely know what they're doing.
10. quakan posted on 02 Aug 2011, 23:07 3 3
13. pete7625 (banned) posted on 02 Aug 2011, 23:17 3 3
Agreed, as well.
14. luis_lopez_351 posted on 02 Aug 2011, 23:31 3 3
oh? apparently, you speak for everyone??? Not everyone likes the simple iphone toy. Get a real smartphone.
16. pete7625 (banned) posted on 02 Aug 2011, 23:35 2 3
A LOT of people do, though. That "simple iPhone toy" must be pretty nice, lol.
34. remixfa posted on 03 Aug 2011, 02:21 0 0
there is truth to that. love apple or loathe them.. their marketing is genius and makes some of their followers give a religious type devotion.. proven by articles and surveys.. and by people here..
other than that.. this article is common sence. hopefully for them, they learned from the i4 and fixed the antenna issue.
BTW, the GalaxyS 2 is the biggest selling phone in the world right now..
.... other than the US...........................................
41. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 Aug 2011, 08:56 0 0
Here goes remix trolling again. Accept the fact Apple makes a better product. It's not marketing or "religious devotion". Maybe android products are just inferior.
42. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 Aug 2011, 10:10 0 0
iPhone also outsold GS2 by A LOT and it's over 1 year old
45. TOdoubleD posted on 03 Aug 2011, 11:19 0 0
Of course, it will always sell more than any individual Android phone. You have many choices when choosing an Android phone.
48. matistight posted on 03 Aug 2011, 12:45 0 0
yeah, putting annoying commercials on tv, yeah good marketing. Guys buy the phone and go wow, its pretty stable and fast. Girls go WOAH ITS SHINNY!...why wont my nails work?i hate this phone (they keep it for 3+years).
It makes no sense, but everyone would kill for an iphone, when you got a nexus one that(on ebay) matches the price of an iphone 3g. Nexus is proven better. It makes no sense.
49. Phoneguy007 posted on 03 Aug 2011, 12:54 0 0
I agree... remember the touch nokia phones no one even knew what they where apple knows how to market its products!
26. medalaster1 (unregistered) posted on 03 Aug 2011, 01:00 0 3
What the f**k are u kidding??? every body knows how SGSII, Droid Bionic, Nexus Prime looks and their hardware capabilities but not the IPhone 5 nobody knows how it looks and feels even the hardware specs are unknown and also the delay means some thing spectacular is on its way.
28. quakan posted on 03 Aug 2011, 01:10 0 1
We are waiting for what we do not know.
27. medalaster1 (unregistered) posted on 03 Aug 2011, 01:02 2 3
Because iPhone is awesomeness.
6. ayephoner posted on 02 Aug 2011, 21:58 2 0
11. pete7625 (banned) posted on 02 Aug 2011, 23:08 2 0
Can't wait! The iPhone 5 is going to be awesome!
17. Droid_X_Doug posted on 03 Aug 2011, 00:17 0 0
It would be more awesome with an LTE radio inside of it. Unfortunately, an LTE radio will be in the iPhone that follows the 4G/5 (or the second iteration after the 4G/5 version). Look at how long it took to get a 3G radio in the iPhone....
Of course with all of the problems Moto went through getting a dual core CPU to work with LTE, there may be some advantage being late to the LTE party.
21. quakan posted on 03 Aug 2011, 00:44 0 0
definitely won't be called 4g if it doesn't have LTE...either 4S or 5 is my best guess
18. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 Aug 2011, 00:26 5 2
It's kind of nice grazing in here without the fandroids bashing. I hope we've scared them off.
19. pete7625 (banned) posted on 03 Aug 2011, 00:29 3 1
Lol, I hope so too, it's so nice and peaceful!
22. quakan posted on 03 Aug 2011, 00:47 3 1
pure bliss...*sigh of relief*. This is the life (presses "post comment" on Macbook Pro while looking at my iPhone with a smile) lmao.....here they come now
33. clevername posted on 03 Aug 2011, 02:18 2 0
Voted most pathetic comment ever.
Are you really stepping up on a nerd site? Looking for a nerd fight? Lmao.
35. remixfa posted on 03 Aug 2011, 02:23 1 1
no, taco just always tries to make a fanboy fight out of any article he posts on. period.
personally, im not looking for one. ask me later.
43. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 Aug 2011, 10:12 1 3
actually owlet and remix I'd like it if you didn't post on Apple articles at all unless you have something intelligent to say.
46. TOdoubleD posted on 03 Aug 2011, 11:27 1 0
I'd bet a large sum of money, there are more people that would like it if you didn't post here. That goes for Android and iPhone fans. You constantly make us iPhone fans sound like idiots. Just STFU sometimes. Every comment from you has something to do with Android vs iPhone.
47. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 Aug 2011, 12:26 1 0
How does what I say make you look like an idiot? I'm willing to bet you don't need my help.
20. Brad (unregistered) posted on 03 Aug 2011, 00:34 1 0
I can't wait for the NEW WINDOWS PHONE 7 MANGO Go Go!
29. Sniggly posted on 03 Aug 2011, 01:25 1 2
Could it be that we just don't care as much as you might think?
30. Owlet posted on 03 Aug 2011, 01:48 0 1
Why would you even mention us while rolling in sheer bliss anticipating another apple toy? Missing us, huh???
36. 530gemini posted on 03 Aug 2011, 02:24 1 0
Can't wait. Apple never fails to excite consumers. I always tell myself to wait a couple of months after a new iphone is released to get one. That way I could read feedbacks and reviews about it first. But I always end up getting it on it's release date, lol.
37. Laurynas (unregistered) posted on 03 Aug 2011, 03:43 0 0
"You can imagine what would happen if a carrier accidentally sold an iPhone 5 prototype to a customer."
Nothing really special...
38. PeterIfromsweden posted on 03 Aug 2011, 05:32 1 0
Haha, if they sold i iphone 5 by accident...
Steve Jobs would personally knock on their door with body guards and snatch it back haha
39. Laurynas (unregistered) posted on 03 Aug 2011, 05:52 1 0
HUMANCENTiPAD ? :D
40. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 03 Aug 2011, 06:26 1 1
Yes children love their toys go play with your toys kids.
44. taco50 (banned) posted on 03 Aug 2011, 10:12 1 0
You seem like you have a split personality
51. gallitoking posted on 03 Aug 2011, 16:54 1 0
well I finally will divorce my long marriage with Moto. and start a new relationship.. with Miss iphone5... and yes we will have a prenup...
52. biophone posted on 03 Aug 2011, 18:51 0 0
I am waiting for iPhone 6. If it has a a6 processor and lte its hard to imagine i will buy anything else.