Apple iPad continues to dominate in the tablet market
66% rise in the number of tablets shipped.
While there is a huge drop off from Apple's 17 million tablets shipped in the second quarter to runner-up Samsung's 2 million, it represents opportunity for one of the other manufacturer's to cut that gap. Will Amazon be able to make a move with the sequel to the Amazon Kindle Fire, or will it be ASUS, manufacturer of the red hot Google Nexus 7.
1. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 460; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Hate all you want but that's a huge gap and it'll probably grow with apple possibly releasing a iPad mini!
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 10127; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Prepare for the droiders to thumb u down.
5. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 460; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
That's fine, they're ignorant! Android lovers and thumbing down is hilarious. All it means is that i'm right. Unlike y'all, I carry an ios device and android and have no loyalty to either.
13. bigdawg23 (Posts: 346; Member since: 25 May 2011)
Tre-Nitty, I am with you. I have an iPad 1 and Galaxy Note. Its the best of both worlds. iOS is good on the iPad but restricted to use on a phone.
14. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
You see what i did say in that other thread, did you? Phonearena, please proof your "facts".
Ah, yeah i own an Galaxy Note and today i will buy my iPad. High five, best of two worlds.
10. frydaexiii (Posts: 1176; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
So people prefer touch screen digital photoframes with games over real tablets, how is it Google's fault people are dumb?
15. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
How is the iPad not a real tablet?
16. Aeires (unregistered)
Could be, but the mini might take sales away from the full sized iPad. Have to wait and see.
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4682; Member since: 17 May 2011)
it wil take from people that cant afford the big tablet and are thinking of buying the kindlefire or the nexus 7 .. is coming out fo othose people.. not the ipad.. just watch,...
2. sorcio46 (Posts: 394; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Indeed, I can see even good results from Samsung and Asus about the last year growth
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
8. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Yea....68% is nice. Very nice
Wasnt it higher than that one time? Alot higher? Just throwing some perspective out there...
12. Pings (Posts: 297; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
It was. It just a matter of time before we see Android on the top of that list. It's a numbers game. Look and the iPhone vs Android sales. It's not even fair. One phone vs an OS, come on. In time and not much longer Android will be on top the tablet market share. It's a numers game. You don't think so? Ok bet you were on of those people that thought Apple would dominate the market share of smartphones. Well that wasn't the case. Love or hate Apple, it has nothing to do with it. Again it is a numbers game.
11. Pdubb (Posts: 239; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
Interesting!! Maybe that is why they are suddenly(well not suddenly) lumping it in with the pc. Getting close to a monopoly market share like Windows. That would be interesting indeed.