Apple iPad 3 is announced
1. pdub73 (Posts: 33; Member since: 25 Nov 2008)
Cool...hopefully i can get one after ive had my ipad2 for at least a year... :/
4. mannyfs (Posts: 67; Member since: 11 Feb 2011)
5mp camera is lame. At least 8 like the iPhone .. Gosh!
6. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I guess they followed the notion that tabs aren't really bought for the camera aspect.
7. Knicknevin (Posts: 149; Member since: 18 Mar 2011)
Do you still pay attention to the MegaPixels? If the optics used here are of a superior quality, this can easily outperform an 8mp.
This is almost the same as the processor race of 10+ years ago. Race for the highest clock speed!
MP has now taken a sideline to the individual parts of the camera to provide a better overall picture.
9. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Yup. IMO 5MP is actually enough for occasional shots. Unless you're planning on blowing up your picture into life sized prints then 5MP is good. Also, I'm with you in saying better optics and processing over megapixels.
N95 still rocks in the cameraphone dept thanks largely to it's CarlZeiss optics and image processing.
22. darkkjedii (Posts: 21789; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Don't bother trying to explain to these idiots. You'll just get a headache. I understand u tho.
19. idanielx (banned) (Posts: 22; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
are you really going to take pictures holding a tablet a lot? It doesnt really matter to me, what counts is the screen
21. Paden (Posts: 262; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
I'd say the camera is going to be more impressive for the video capabilities. 1080p plus video editing is going to be huge for parents who video tape their kids games or school plays.
5. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Holy Crap. It turned out to be a real heavy hitter.
To all droid manufacturers!!! Please produce a tab with specs at par or better than this! I want a droid version!!!!
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 21789; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I was surprised at how they beefed it up
27. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Exactly. I think this is the first time my toothy fruity enemy Apple actually released a product that can really compete specs-wise. I used to think Apple always settles for the not-latest tech so they can easily upgrade their devices, iFans will buy either ways anyway.
BUT this "New iPad" really changed my view on Apple. Could it be the new management? Anyway, IMO Apple finally outed a device worth comparing to the best and the latest of competitor products. And it actually wins in some categories.
34. TKFox007 (Posts: 303; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
Asus Transformer Prime is what you're looking for
8. Johnny_Mnemonic (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I dont see nothing great and nothing new same crap
12. jp26sx (Posts: 14; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Agreed, they always seem to meet the bar never push it up higher. I hope Samsung creates a super amoled HD plus display on a 10 inch tab to blow theirs out of the water.
16. Obviously (Posts: 29; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
What did you expect, wings on the sides? I can't believe you would expect such a ridiculous thing like that...
25. shadez10 (Posts: 427; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
yeah.. totally agree... is there someting new about this tab?..
35. TKFox007 (Posts: 303; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
Apple has been essentially screwing with its consumer base for the past five years and no one has gotten wise to them.
10. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
Well i would def have this ipad over the ipad 2 of coarse.
In the tablet world the ipad remains above.
soo only 2 brag worthy upgrades , the screen , and the processor.. well there you goo ish33p break your piggy banks !!
ill give you 200 for your old ipad 2 , anyone?
11. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Hats off to Apple for this.
I can't stand em, but I always give credit where it's due.
Samsung had a chance to put their best into a tablet and offer a true high tech to android at MWC but they dropped the ball monumentally.
If they expect from Galaxy pad 2 to compete with iPad HD, they deserve to be squashed by this school example of crafting a product with a single BANG feature, and presenting it to people.
13. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Oh and btw, I think that Huawei media pad is better than this thanks to, of course, android, and even more powerful processor (A5x has the same GPU as the Sony Vita actually, and that's what apple is bragging with, not the GPU)
14. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Actually, also the Transformer Prime Infinity takes it easily spec wise:
17. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1039; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
We all knew that this version of the iPad was coming so this doesnt surprise me. Apple had to make the iPad equipped with LTE and the processor to support
I know one thing..........people are going to camp out in front of Apple stores for hours or days for a device that didnt change much
18. Guest_star (Posts: 231; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
Just to be clear I am not an Apple hater, I do like android more but i don't dislike Apple, now to my comment :D : now we wait and see what samsung has instored for us because I am rather sure that it will try and top iPad in every aspect possible, display, processor, and GPU(although i highly doubt that they will succeed in getting better GPU than this beast). :))) tally oh
20. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1237; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Retina? Ok then my 2 ½ year old droid had a retina display too if you hold it far enough away. Apple's breaking even their own rules and gimmicks.
26. shadez10 (Posts: 427; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Apple is releasing same crappy tabs since its realease...
apple try something new... your new tab is BOORING... -_-
28. Jyakotu (Posts: 844; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
I still don't get the tablet craze. Like, can someone tell me what it is about tablets that are just so amazing.? I mean, I know that they're more portable than laptops, but I really don't see tablets as anything but over sized smartphones and can come with or without a carrier plan.