Apple debuts new iPad ad during the Academy Awards telecast
What brings this all to mind is the new ad for the Apple iPad that was played during last night's telecast. The ad showed a number of movie-related words quickly being displayed, intertwined with photography based apps for the iPad. Not only has Apple come a long way since that 2007 "Hello" spot (which we've taken the opportunity to include below), but the industry in general continues to move ahead with faster processors, larger screens and more features, most of which we could never have dreamed of in 2007.
source: Apple via TUAW
1. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3397; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
...and the Oscar for the best 'timing' goes to the iPad.
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 17569; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
They'd also get the Oscar for most successful tablet. There's no reason to dog em for a tv spot, it's what companies do. Advertise during big events, Sammy had the Super Bowl, apple the oscars. It's big business bro.
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3397; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It's business indeed...business indeed.
But some don't do business this way...and still, they're still successful.
3. mydi.maus (unregistered)
hello and bye apple
5. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Iacademy. They play their ad so much last night i stop watching the award
13. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
now we say hell no to apple..................lol
6. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I'm sorry but Apple ads now officially suck. I use to love the Apple/PC guy commercials... Apple marketing team has lost their touch.
12. BillyG (Posts: 305; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
its an iPad, not a mac/PC. what do you know about ads? you're the one that 'officially suck'...apple always been successful in their ads that many even copy them.
8. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 462; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
Sure they haven't fallout09. I don't really like commercials but that ipad commercial is catchy. Give credit where it's due!
9. ilia1986 (unregistered)
In 2007 people learned to say Hello on their phone.
In 2008 and since the T-mobile G1 they learned to do everything else on it.
14. lolioslol (banned) (Posts: 182; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
LMAO @ apple. What better way to cement the fact that their tech sucks, refuses to evolve, and they have NOTHING on the horizon whic is why instead of attended MWC and actual electronics/tech events they pander to the simple masses who watch "pretty people" getting awards for playing pretend (acting).
15. ZeroCide (Posts: 751; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
I saw that comercial. I thought it was the same old ipad.
19. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
u mean its the same old ipad commercial like the same old boring design
20. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Again, nothing to tell the consumer how the product stands apart from the competition, because it does not. Apple needs better commercials. At least Samsung shows you what their products do.