Apple announces redesigned iPod Nano
Of course it wouldn’t be a good Nano launch without it shipping in a myriad of colors, and fans of the diminutive PMP won’t be disappointed, as the Nano will ship in 7 different highly saturated colors (for those of you Plain Jane’s out there, black and silver are still options). The new iPod Nano will sell for $149 and be available in October.
Redesigned iPod Nano Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design
05 Dec 2013, 10:44
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
Living with the LG G2: a long-term review
03 Dec 2013, 07:53
Redesigned iPod Nano
1. Rayvelynn (Posts: 123; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I don't know why but this design reminds me of the Nokia Lumia 900, lol
3. Phullofphil (Posts: 792; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
I was gonna say the exact same thing before I even read yours.
16. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
i dunno you guys but im lucky to say i have the best iPod Nano , the one with cam recorder in the back. Still have it
18. GJanee (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
totally agree! i'm glad i have one of those too.
the ipod nano died after the 5th gen.
17. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
No silly, it's the new MiNi iPad we keep hearing about.
19. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
lol i was gonna say the exact same thing!! :D
even reminds me of Sony's MP4 players.. the one which comes with OLED display
27. johnny5k (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
That's because the Lumia screen looks like the one on the 4th Gen iPod Nano from 2008!
31. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
it really does... maybe apple's "insipration" is with lumia now!!
4. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
I smell a law suit and patent infringement from Nokia's legal department. I have a Nokia Lumia 900 and these new Apple ipod nano's look awfully familiar!! I am about to bring it to Nokia's attention on facebook!! F-A-I-L APPLE, big F-A-I-L Nothing that was introduced today is new is all rehash ideas!! I didn't even see NFC technology in Iphone 5 this was just BRUTAL!!
13. christianqwerty (Posts: 456; Member since: 05 May 2011)
How? The old iPod nano from a fee years ago looks just like this. This doesn't even look like a lumia. Quit trying to cause problems.
24. johnny5k (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Look at the 4th Generation iPod Nano, which also contained the same glass screen bezel w/rounded corners on top of a colored body - long before the Lumia was designed... So who copied who now?
5. Jyakotu (Posts: 812; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Was Apple inspired by the N9/Lumia? Because that's exactly what the new iPod Nano looks like.
28. johnny5k (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Or maybe by the 4th Gen iPod Nano, which was out long before the Lumia.
6. mas11 (Posts: 1005; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
They screwed up the nano, but the iPod touch is pretty cool.
11. cripton805 (Posts: 747; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Da fu** is this? If I wanted an Ipod touch, I would buy one. I ride a motorcycle, work out, and occasionally use this while working outside. I need damn buttons. I've had to stick to my 2nd gen nano because everything since the buttons has been trash.
14. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Am I the only one who prefers the hard buttons on the older models!! I think I will stick to my 4th generation Ipod Nano sighs!! I am sorry this looks too much like the NOKIA N8 ala Lumia Windows phone designs Boooooo!!
15. Muche (Posts: 13; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
An fan walks into the bar.. Orders the same drink as yesterday, but pays more.. :-D
21. Miquel_1987 (Posts: 21; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
The moment i saw the nano i saw Lumia in my head. One thing is for sure 1. Samsung will sue Apple 2.Nokia will probaly follow. Whats next....? Revolutionary... LOL
22. daymler (Posts: 12; Member since: 09 May 2012)
wtf...!? nokia lumia all over...! the design it soo copied!!!! ;xx BIIIIG FAIL!!!
p.s. im still using and loving my nano 4g !
23. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1429; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Now don't tell me they've even patented circle icons
29. JC557 (Posts: 640; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
oh c'mon, I would like a 32GB option as I dont want to carry a larger player. I couldn't care less about video playback but find the larger touch screen good for music management.
30. Vinayakn73 (Posts: 87; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Nokia please sue apple for coping your lumia design
32. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i really like it!! i want one!!!
33. Luuthian (Posts: 163; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
This looks horendously cheap. The UI is atrocious and not even related to the look of the other iOS devices. The new Touch looks great, but they really fumbled the design of the Nano.
34. cheeseaddict (Posts: 48; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
i don't know if you guys can see it, but it looks like a china made media player (the fact that it is really made in china) hehe.. it just gives me the 'eeew'
35. LoRDByRon (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
Everyone compares with Lumia. Too recent.
Check the Samsung YP-P2 mp3 player... Hope it's patented...