App spotlight: Shush! puts a timer on your phone's muted ringer
Shush! for Android Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
This Samsung Galaxy F (S5 Premium) concept looks almost real
07 Mar 2014, 23:59
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Shush! for Android
1. Shush! controls
2. Mute your phone and Shush! pops up
3. Set timer
4. Adjust volume, if needed
5. Your ringer can be shut temporarily...
6. ...or indefinitely
7. Shush! notifications (optional)
1. buccob (Posts: 974; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I already have Llama and Smart Connect to do it for me according to my location, events on my calendar and/or device connected.
for instance... if my calendar already has an event with the word "meeting, movie, seminar, class" in it, it will SHUSH my phone for the time the event is set... fully automatic...
Also if I plug my phone to my TV, it will silence it and only allow media sound.
And finally for some locations saved, I have my phone set to a loud profile or a silent one depending on my needs...
The only drawback... IT IS complicated and time consuming to configure the apps properly until you get the results you expect... but at the end you will be thankful for such apps...
2. alltechinside (Posts: 226; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Or you could use Tasker....
But ya, this is a simple app. Thanks for informing us!
5. buccob (Posts: 974; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Yeah Tasker is also a great option, actually simpler to configure... but Llama is Free...
4. tumchaaditya (Posts: 66; Member since: 21 May 2012)
This reminds me of "timed" profiles on my ancient Nokia 3310..
6. donjb (Posts: 8; Member since: 03 Sep 2011)
It's a good app. I also like RingTime Lite, it has a little bit more features.
7. Saravana (Posts: 4; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
OMG! PA you seem to be lagging year behind...use a time machine!
8. vagonr (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
I have been using this for more than a year. This is one of the first few apps which I install when the phone is updated with new software.