Android powered Dell Streak eying a release for "late July"
1. jd829 (Posts: 155; Member since: 24 Feb 2010)
Other than being huge, what does this device have going for it?
6. cadetz (unregistered)
i thought it's a tablet LOL
3. ajac09 (Posts: 1374; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
AT&T getting a big screened phone with android 1.6 woot lol
4. joey18 (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
why att getting nice phones verizon most uglys phones maybe is cheap network
5. PHONE_GEEK (Posts: 52; Member since: 01 Feb 2010)
your on cocaine if you think Verizon is cheap. att and sprint is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper.
10. XRa$cal4 (Posts: 6; Member since: 13 Jul 2010)
AT&T and VZW price plans are exactly the same. So how is AT&T wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wait wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper? unless you are counting that you pay $15 for 250 mb of data where on Verizon you pay $30 for unlimited for the time being.
7. sprintguy09 (Posts: 79; Member since: 17 Apr 2010)
From what i have found online at&t is getting this phone
8. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i used to really want this phone.. but after playing with the galaxy S/vibrant, there is nothing else. Still eagerly awating UPS delivery of my vibrant.. HURRY THE HECK UP UPS...
15. zerglisk (Posts: 544; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
I got my vibrant a day before its launch. It is amazing, Loving it.
18. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
im still waiting.. lol. I ordered it within 10 minutes of them going on sale. It finally arrived in my town today but they dont allow pick up so i have to wait for delivery tommorow.. damnit.. i live 5 mins from the distrobution center and i dont wanna wait!! lol
21. JackFace (Posts: 190; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
I got the Captivate/Galaxy S - You will absolutely Love it. I put it up against my iPhone 4, and the AMOLED screen blows the iPhone 4 to pieces. Yes, the iPhone 4 screen has visibly better resolution, but the Galaxy S has visible better coloring and brightness. Comparing it with the iPhone 4, the iP4 looks completely dull. Colors POP out of the Galaxy S. Great phone!
22. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yep, and it is a SUUPER AMOLED SCREEN - HD quality - love the live wallpapers and the game emulator ROMs play very nicely - speedy.
24. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea, ive been playing with the live demo pretty much all day every day since we got them in stores. I notice on the screen when its a "color" it looks sharp as hell, but if its like a white/black, you can see the pixel pretty easy. bugged me at first but now i barely notice. has everyone else noticed that as well? maybe im just looking for imperfections because im a jaded tech geek.. lol
28. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
finally got it. vibrant/galaxy S is amazing :)
9. jenna_23 (Posts: 145; Member since: 02 Apr 2010)
Does anyone know if this thing has a front facing camera for video calling??
16. zerglisk (Posts: 544; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
This phone only supports 3G connectivity, no Wi-Fi. OHHHhh hRIGHT! Only iPhone 4 requires wi-fi over video chatting... my bad.
12. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
Almost looks like a slightly thinner Blackberry Storm with a bigger screen. Dell...c'mon? Android 1.6? Why would you do that?
14. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
when it was first announced, android 2.0 + wasnt out yet. Why its still on 1.6? who knows. Kinda scary really since its got some good specs. They promise a fast upgrade but no dates yet.
13. SoCalAdam (Posts: 13; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Check eBay. The Dell Streak is already available. Looks like the average selling price is around $650-700 with the low numbers around $500-550. The phone is for ATT for certain and it appears someone has already figured out how to unlock it but I have not found anyone who is on 2.2 froyo yet. I'm sure there are a LOT of people who will review this in time, I'm just curious why PA has not done so already???
17. jrcrow79 (Posts: 477; Member since: 02 May 2008)
the schmuck who bought his lame galaxy S..is now being outdated in 2011..with a samsung 4.3" version..lol..im sure front cam and backflash..this streak has a dual flash 5mp auto focus and front cam like the iphone 4..1mp NOT 1,3 like the sprint evo though
19. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
comming from an ibot, ill take that as a compliment. For someone who pays so much attention to the phones comming out, you seem to act like its unusual for a new version of a phone to come out. 2011?? Dude, were half way through 2010. Your iphone4 was outdated when it was launched.. and it doesnt work!! 6 months from now they will have dual core 1.5ghz and 2ghz phones. what phone WONT BE outdated by christmas?? what a dumbass.
20. cuddybonz (Posts: 45; Member since: 06 Nov 2009)
who gave this a bad comment?? this was awesome...jrcrow are you hating?
23. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
If you wait long enough, the phone you are thinking of buying will become outdated - I bought the ARIA and a mnth later purchased the CAPTIVATE - while there will be phones out there with faster processors - the CAPTIVATE will look very nicely, even 2 years from now, and buy then I will buy the dual processor 2.5 GHz 2GB RAM 32GB storage 3D EXTREME AMOLED SAMSUNG GALAXY S EXTREME Hi-Def phone....
25. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea, and that will be out dated by my 2.6ghz 4d holographic mega amoled HTC "monster-baiter"
26. joey18 (Posts: 565; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
tmobile has more better phones then verizon ihope this phones comes to verizon bcs there phones sucks