Android 2.1 for Motorola DROID to be out at the end of this month?
This article contains unofficial information.
2. testman22 posted on 15 Mar 2010, 15:12 0 0
thanks phone arena, just when I forgot about how impatient I was getting waiting for the update, you are right there to remind me :(
4. warhed posted on 15 Mar 2010, 15:50 0 0
Am over waiting... fool me once, shame on you! Fool be twice, shame on me!
5. slashafk posted on 15 Mar 2010, 15:53 0 0
Oh please, Motorola needs to gain my trust back after I've been let down three times! This could be another BS claim because Moto likes to hire gossipy people who can't keep their mouth shut on anything they hear (remember the official 2.1 details on the Moto forums?)
6. Legacystar posted on 15 Mar 2010, 15:55 0 0
Yes all these tipstars are to fucking turstworthy. Last time around everyone said they new a verizon rep that said it was coming out this date and that date. Motorola is really dropping the ball here.
7. johnolesen posted on 15 Mar 2010, 16:28 0 0
live wallpapers are THAT important to you? REALLY? Five screens? Get launcher+ beta....live wallpapers? honestly, are they THAT cool? no. 2.1 can come out when it comes out. im not hurtin
13. cellgeek82 posted on 15 Mar 2010, 21:16 0 0
I agree, I mean having wallpapers in general is still better than what the iPhone can offer. Living wallpaper I'm sure slows things down and may drain battery faster. I still think it'll be a cool option but I'm not hungry for it.
17. mattkl posted on 16 Mar 2010, 04:28 0 0
I can't speak for the Droid but my Nexus runs longer with all day heavy 3g use with live wallpaper then any of my other androids. Don't know why or how and really don't care, just glad it does.
21. vinsterdamus posted on 16 Mar 2010, 10:26 0 0
the most important part is that 2.1 brings performance updates and allows you to use gg earth, soon open GL 2.0 and adobe flash payer! this will not work on 2.0.1 the rest is just fun. ps then benchmarks are fair when comparing with the nexus one cuz now you got too much differences i the os.
8. VZ DUB posted on 15 Mar 2010, 17:01 0 0
root your phone.... as long as it doesnt brick your phone you can switch back to 2.0. then take it to a store.
9. servo086 posted on 15 Mar 2010, 18:34 0 0
create a nandroid, and brick it all you want! I'm not updating until 2.1 gets rooted, and some solid roms get developed.
10. numberonenygfan posted on 15 Mar 2010, 18:54 0 0
I just want the update so my stupid phone will stop calling random people when i go near any kind of magnetic interference... maybe the new update will fix this... other then that.. the phone is great and everyone can stop complaining.. make folders catorgorize your stuff on your 3 home screens and shut up!
11. thetwiztidfreak posted on 15 Mar 2010, 19:27 0 0
had 2.1 one mine unoffically for weeks now and it runs soooo muth smoother than 2.0
12. scottmbolt (unregistered) posted on 15 Mar 2010, 21:16 0 0
Whenever I see these types of articles on this site... I just LMFAO. Every week there is a new one. If any of you idiots believe it, then you need a kick in the arse!
14. BigRed83 posted on 15 Mar 2010, 22:46 0 0
yawn... I will believe it when it hits my phone, not before
15. WnnaFghtAboutIt posted on 15 Mar 2010, 23:55 0 0
its out of testing with verizon, they tested 3 builds and now its which one is the release one...
18. big_red_loyal posted on 16 Mar 2010, 07:10 0 0
I'd like the know the job position of that VZW rep claiming the update will be out in this time frame. the truth is no flashes have been received by VZW customer service reps about the 2.1 update for the Motorola Droid. Verizon never pre-announces updates, new phones, or new services until those things are a reality.
19. becazican (unregistered) posted on 16 Mar 2010, 08:09 0 0
once again phone arena puts out info that has no legitmate background. would you guys get a real job. you are a joke!!!!