Amazon fights the weather blues with an AT&T Winter Sale, phones get free or cheapen
Of those for which you have to pay, some notable prices include the Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket 4G, which is now $139.99, the Galaxy S II 4G is $94.99, the Samsung Focus S 4G is $19.99, the HTC Titan is $144.99, the Samsung Captivate Glide is $79.99, and the HTC Vivid 4G is $149.99.
The prices are for two-year contracts, and in addition you have to pay Amazon the usual $250 per device plus applicable taxes, if you cancel the service within 181 days of purchase. That's how they get you.
source: Amazon via UnwiredView
1. itiswhatitis (Posts: 423; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Even if you pay $300 to amazon for cancelling its still worth it!!
3. -box- (Posts: 3858; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
No it's not, because you'd have the AT&T ETF on top of any third-party fees, which would be up to $325 ($10 less per month). Might as well buy it at full price if you didn't intend to keep the service
6. snowgator (Posts: 3275; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
There are only 3 things to watch for when buying from Amazon:
1) The early termination fee from them is really about them getting their money back on the price of the handset. So, if you are not sure, don't buy. It is only a 6 month limitation, though, so once you are past that you are only liable for the carriers ETF.
2) You cannot move to a lower data package or less expensive feature phone once you sign through them. If you sign up for a Focus S, 50$ data plan, and a year later want to drop down to a 20$ data plan, you will not be able to without cancelling the entire contract. Same with buying the Focus S, than wanting to drop down to a feature phone, you can't do it. The entire 2 year contract will be at the level you signed up for. Of course, you can increase anytime you want, just not decrease.
3) Amazon gives best deals when you switch carriers. When you are trying to upgrade on your carrier, shop around. You may find a better deal on your carriers website. Amazon gets a better kick-back when they get you to switch.
Amazon is a great place to buy from so long as you are sure of what device you want (do your homework!!) and are switching carriers.
2. niceshirt (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 May 2010)
165$ for SGS2 if you have a family plan. Its cheaper via ATT's website for me...
5. snowgator (Posts: 3275; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
150.00 for the Titan???? Really? Huh, seems a little price heavy for a device whose replacement is just weeks away.
The Focus S, the Captivate Glide, and the GS2 are all amazing deals. Since they are not on here, I sure would suggest the Atrix (still a great device) or the Atrix 2 (not as great as the original, but a solid, slightly larger effort) for free.
LG Nitro is still not available on Amazon, FYI.