Accessories for a Microsoft Surface Mini up for sale on Amazon
The Microsoft Surface Mini tablet has been in the rumor mill for a while now, but we have learned very little about the purported tablet. It might have a 7-inch or 8-inch display, it might have a kick-stand, or it might not.
Last time we checked, this Microsoft product would likely keep the form factor of its larger sibling, but the “Mini” will be marketed as the tablet to have if you want to do a lot of note taking. Given that, we think a stylus will be part of the package too.
That also indicates that the Surface Mini may run the full Windows 8.1 operating system since Wacom Digitizer technology is what would enable a solid note taking experience, but that is speculation. What we still do not know much about is anything spec related, or what the Surface Mini might look like.
If the accessories that are available on Amazon are any indication, the tablet may end up being rather unassuming, which is fine. A good quality build does not necessarily require premium materials, and done right, it will keep the price competitive too, since the Surface Mini not only has to contend with the iPad mini, but a host of competent tablets from Samsung.
The images in the pictures are just a “placeholder” images of sorts (the actual pictures are of the company's products for a Lenovo tablet), though the product pages note “access to all ports and features.” All the items for sale are being offered by Vostrostone who makes a wide line of VSTN accessories for a lot of different tablets. The Surface Mini cases are listed to be in stock by May 18th.
While we will not go so far as to tie that in to an actual release date for an actual tablet, it would be pretty silly to be selling accessories for a product not yet available.
sources: Amazon via Venture Beat
1. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
NEWSFLASH....... Well somebody is going to ditch their nexus 7 2012 in favor of surface mini.
4. wolfsaviorzx (unregistered)
I'd get a Surface Mini Pro if it had real Windows 8 on it :P
5. elitewolverine (Posts: 1187; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Or just spring for a dell 8in with full windows.
6. hurrycanger (Posts: 792; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Yeah. That thing has gotten so cheap recently.
7. elitewolverine (Posts: 1187; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Yea it has $249 for full windows multi screen support etc etc.
9. hurrycanger (Posts: 792; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
And the manufacturer refurbished one can be bought for $159.99 on ebay. Not bad. Not bad at all.
8. Furbal (Posts: 230; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
really wish it had slightly higher resolution =\ gets painful going from a note 10.1 2014/nexus 7 to the venue 8 pro
14. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 381; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
What does that have to do with banana man?
10. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2056; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Is it going to have a QHD display like the $370 TabPro 8.4?
11. Taters (Posts: 2596; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
If windows is about productivity, then a mini surface takes a lot of steps backwards.
15. Liveitup (Posts: 903; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
1. Apple tablets use iOS and no one cries foul, indeed lauds them as revolutionary... MS doesn't make full blown windows for ARM and suddenly it becomes a problem.
16. ihavenoname (Posts: 1264; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
It's problem because RT is not good. Only real advantage on RT over iOS was Office until iPad got it also.
18. sprockkets (Posts: 1084; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
only win8 has the "real" office. The others are just crappy light versions.
17. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Because ipads excel in entertainment and user experience while also having some level of productivity.
Surface RT almost no games and entertainment apps while having half baked productivity.
21. Liveitup (Posts: 903; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Windows RT (esp the surface) do these things better than any other tablet. I have a Surface 2, Saying that Ipad have the same level of productivity as Surface is laughable at best.Many Android tablets isn't as good for producing anything (ipad worse still).
20. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
You are a psycho coz we are talking about windows RT
23. sprockkets (Posts: 1084; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Meant to reply to me? Winrt is just win8 without the ability to run anything you want on the desktop, that's about it. I'll agree win8 on x86 is better but for only a few.
22. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I clearly said ipads have SOME level of productivity not SAME. Also ipads have bluetooth keyboard accessories and great office apps. Also tablets are meant for entertainment not for productivity as mentioned in a recent article of michael H where RT tablets suck in media consumption.