AT&T's Samsung Galaxy S II is now official-official for October 2nd at $199.99 on-contract
In fact, AT&T tweeted the good news saying that they’ll start selling the long awaited smartphone starting on October 2nd for the customary 2-year on-contract price of $199.99. With the money you’ll be forking over, you’ll essentially be getting the most faithful of the three US variants of the original Samsung Galaxy S II model overseas. Rather than moving up in size like the versions for Sprint and T-Mobile, AT&T’s beauty is instead sticking with a 4.3” Super AMOLED Plus display.
hands-on look at the handset if you really want to see what you’re getting yourself into with this one.
3. Johnny.Tsunami (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 12:27 3 0
I think they should have picked it up period. Hate them for passing this up.
22. N.Reynolds posted on 21 Sep 2011, 15:43 0 1
They passed on it because they will be getting a similar phone from samsung but better in about a month or two.
4. SGS2 (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 12:29 2 0
It's amazing that almost half a year after its global launch, the SGS2 is still the best phone around. Well done Samsung!
It's equally amazing that we only have to wait less than half a year to get hands on such a wonderful phone. Well done AT&T!!
5. OMG (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 12:34 1 1
Some people wait a life time, for a moment like this...
6. norman (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 12:50 2 1
great news! now ill have to decide between GS2 or HTC holiday-both great phones! all-right ATT!
13. Forsaken77 posted on 21 Sep 2011, 13:57 1 0
My dilema exactly. I'm going with the GS2 because it has a smaller screen than the Holiday. I prefer a 4" screen honestly, the Holiday is too big for my taste, 4.52". Secondly, HTC's LTE phones are tremendously bad on battery life. My friend has the Thunderbolt and has to charge it mid-day and it's practically dead at night again. Plus there's no release day for the Holiday yet, though I would assume around the "holidays" ;)
8. The_Miz posted on 21 Sep 2011, 13:01 1 18
No thanks, if I wanted a subpar phone, I'd just get any other Androne phone. Why bother when the iPhone 5 will be out soon? lol, suckers.
15. Tmachaveli posted on 21 Sep 2011, 14:26 2 0
yes "it" does he is a hater like i never seen before in my life
17. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 21 Sep 2011, 14:54 2 0
He's just some loser living with his parents who has nothing better to do then to troll every single android article. I honestly feel sorry for him.
29. Fanboys Suck posted on 21 Sep 2011, 22:52 2 0
I'll agree with the loser part, but honestly, I am sure you don't feel sorry for the guy... way to much effort wasted on that...
37. The_Miz posted on 22 Sep 2011, 17:32 1 0
Really? Really? Really?
21. jroc74 posted on 21 Sep 2011, 15:21 1 0
Thank you for you input kind sir. We appreciate it greatly...
Kill em with kindness...
25. darkkjedii posted on 21 Sep 2011, 17:10 1 0
I'm getting both jus put the sim n the one I wanna rock
28. GeekMovement posted on 21 Sep 2011, 21:26 2 0
You'll be disappointed if it's only the iPhone 4S that comes out this year.
9. BenCjamin posted on 21 Sep 2011, 13:04 5 0
Seriously, I am getting my hands on this phone as soon as possible! Best phone on At&t so far.
10. rcy189 posted on 21 Sep 2011, 13:37 3 0
So tempted to end my contract early just to get this phone.
18. Kjayhawk posted on 21 Sep 2011, 15:07 0 0
I did lol. I was on verizon and left for Sprint. I LOVE THE PHONE!!! But sprints service inside buildings sucks, outside though i found it to be better on sprint, plus i frequently travel to syracuse, so being able to try 4g is cool and its fast. But I find myself roaming when i am in my barrack since they don't charge for roaming I'm fine but they do limit it and will knock you off if you go to far over!!
I'm trying it out for 14 days, if I don't like it I get my money refunded, then I might go to AT&T for the SGS II or Verizon and just wait for the iPhone...
19. Geeksarebest posted on 21 Sep 2011, 15:11 2 0
If you're talking about switching to AT&T or Sprint from AT&T or Sprint...Just call their retentions team after Oct. 2nd (for AT&T) and they usually can hook you up w/an early upgrade as long as it's no earlier than 6 months since you upgraded last.
23. idanian (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 16:27 0 0
with AT&T, they won'd let you early upgrade if you have an iphone unless you want to pay an extra $250, just fyi...
30. Fanboys Suck posted on 21 Sep 2011, 22:53 0 1
34. Meedlies posted on 22 Sep 2011, 13:28 0 0
I work at an authorized retailer and we do early upgrades for an extra $75 while COR stores charge an extra 200-250. Shop around in your area for an authorized dealer. A lot of times we can do things that corporate stores can't. Plus authorized dealers are usually locally owned and operated so you are keeping your buisiness local which helps everyone.
16. URC (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 14:45 3 1
We finally get the same phone that third world countries have had for six months! Yay!
20. box (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 15:12 3 0
heh. Sad but true.
24. Bamouvision (unregistered) posted on 21 Sep 2011, 16:47 0 0
If you're a T-mobile customer and can't wait ( and if your contract is up) you should probably get this one. EXYNOS!!!!
27. joey18 posted on 21 Sep 2011, 21:23 0 0
why they dont bring the real galaxy 2 w those di buttons
35. BenCjamin posted on 22 Sep 2011, 16:33 0 0
Uh hello! to prevent banning from the US!! Apple would have a heyday if they brought the SGSII out with a center button.
31. Kinger2010 (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2011, 00:07 0 0
The no commitment price will be $549.99 via AT&Ts twitter
32. trojanfan12 (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2011, 03:35 1 0
Hey Mizz you f**kin douchebag, you are an idiot why dont you stick to your wanna be wrestling career with the women of WWE. Were you born this stupid? No attention as a young retard? Go f**k yourself.
36. BenCjamin posted on 22 Sep 2011, 16:36 0 0
the Mizz = the most hated guy on phonearena! lol
33. Michae (unregistered) posted on 22 Sep 2011, 08:56 0 0
Whats the no contract price i just pasted my 30 days :(