AT&T Mobility workers prepare to strike
source: CWA via BGR
1. The Godfather (unregistered)
PERFECT!!!! Please strike, makes business soooooo much easier for us without having their doors open ....lmao
2. Bored_Shitless (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 Jan 2009)
This is good news for the unemployed. Temp agencies are working around the clock to get the stores filled in case this happens.
7. Bored_Shitless (Posts: 19; Member since: 16 Jan 2009)
I know....I was called by one of them LOL. If all goes well.....I start Monday.
9. ossirus09 (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Feb 2009)
in Philly i got called by Two, however my moral imperative is whether or not to cross the picket line of my former CWA bretheren. (verizon) but for $15/hr if it really goes down there will be a lot of Scabs selling I-Phones!
4. Fan_of_Fanboys (Posts: 101; Member since: 13 Nov 2008)
I think it is mostly a Northern thing (though I could be wrong so don't flame) and prolly outdated but I live in the South and it seems like unions are non-existant and from what I read generally a good thing. They dont seem to do a lot of good. Except for temp agencies. Which is a good point Bored
5. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
sweet. makes for a busy weekend! of course, i go on vacation tuesday, so it better be done by then or ill be mad i missed all that sweet sweet business!!
6. *HOVA* (Posts: 564; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
They should change the title to VZW employee thread.
8. ICanAffordVZW (Posts: 123; Member since: 15 Dec 2008)
And YOU should change your title to, "VZW's Beyotch."
10. butterfly37 (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Feb 2009)
I currently work at ATT (mobility) and I am a memeber of the CWA....but I can't afford to strike. Sorry. This is one member that is not going to join in this "strike". I agree that ATT should have signed the contract, but in this economy I can't afford to strike. If CWA plans to pay my bills and can PROMISE that I'll still have a good job after all this is done then I'm all for it. If not...SORRY!!!