5-inch BlackBerry 10 device rumored, more 'Berries coming by year-end
Additionally, BlackBerry is allegedly planning a $400 mid-range phone with a keyboard and another mid-range device working on touch only.
The news comes as part of reports on BlackBerry devices shipments which are fairly positive.
“Our Asia checks indicate that the builds have recently increased from 2M/month to 2M+. This lends us confidence to our above-consensus May Quarter," Misek wrote in a note.
Checks showed that BlackBerry is not suffering from any type of extraordinary return rates. In reality, most returns of the Z10 happened from users who thought it had a keyboard and returned it with the mindset of getting the BlackBerry Q10 when it launches.
source: StreetInsider via CrackBerry
2. XperiaPrince (Posts: 108; Member since: 25 Dec 2012)
$400 MIDRANGE? If they want to suceed they must make cheaper device
3. msa1988 (Posts: 417; Member since: 30 Mar 2010)
I'd assume they mean $400 full-retail price? There's no way that's the cost of a mid-range phone on contract. With that being said, $400 isn't too bad considering most phones are $549+ full retail.
13. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
nexus 4 is $500-600, not $300. You only get that price from google store, and 90% of the countries out there has no access to it.
7. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I don't know where youre shopping where midrange phones are "$549+ full retail" even the gs3 can be had for less than $400 not to mention the nexus 4 for $300, old flagships like the HTC amaze, gs2, can be had for $200. Tbh I'd rather have a $35 kyocera rise or similar than a bb phone.
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5586; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wish all the best to you, BB! Keep it up! :)
11. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I will not be quiet until this company close the doors! junk junk junk
12. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5586; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I will be happy if you close your doors! Troll troll troll.
14. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I won't be closing my doors and I like being called a troll. Enjoy your junk blackberry as I prepare for a much superior product the Samsung Galaxy 4.
8. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Blackberry and Thorsten....nobody wants your garbage. Close your doors and be done already. Hopefully by this time next year you will be out of business!