$100 Samsung smartphone with LTE possibly headed to India
1. RohanM (Posts: 140; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
samsung just throws it's plastic to all sides.... all price renage... Plastic king sammy...
32. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
you all going on my nerves with your "plastic" comments. check the link for your premium materials
36. SuperNexus (Posts: 127; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
what do you expect from $100 phone?.......Titanium with gold plated body.....
38. RohanM (Posts: 140; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
mr nexus even 400 $ Samsung phone comes wid plastic only.
50. SuperNexus (Posts: 127; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
but here this article is telling about $100 phone not $400 phone..........so wait for that opportunity to tell your plastic story..
57. 007akshay (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
oh come on den y do u care about dis den...?????
63. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Do your homework before posting boy.
For 400 $ samsung has many devices with metal back panel like wave 3, omnia w....
49. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You know, there's no point in actually manufacturing a phone with 3.5 inch screen with a resolution of 320X 480...
Even if it is LTE compatible, the internet surfing experience is going to swell. And i think for a $100 phone, the resolution and size won't be bigger or larger than what i mentioned. One maybe be happy that he has an LTE enabled phone, but with a display that might look like an 8-bit video game, it won't be much of an experience.
55. kanagadeepan (Posts: 930; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
How about using WiFi/BT/USB tethering and surfing at LTE speeds on PC or laptop??? (Since its an Android device)...
70. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3913; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yes. I know about that...and when you're on the go?? Besides...connect it to a PC and you'll have more data to worry about along with more expense.
2. RohanM (Posts: 140; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Temple run OZ released..... haha i posted before u PA.
3. RohanM (Posts: 140; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
With having so many issues to sgs3 i am starting to hate my own sgs3.. so became a sammy hater.. issues like, sudden death, heating, poor multitasking...and so on..
sammy u disappointed me... typing from my sgs3........
next time will go for sony or htc (nokia only if they come up with droid) :)
12. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
don't worry mate....he is just a trollllll
29. clark (Posts: 51; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
Really Samsung is plastic? Why don't you look at your face first and your freakin attitude?? That's the real PLASTIC lame hater.
58. 007akshay (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
oh i think den u shd have bought china made s3......lol.....some1 has made fool of u..???????/
62. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Yep . That may be the reason for the sudden death of his s3
4. Mr.Singh (Posts: 12; Member since: 02 Aug 2012)
LTE network only available in one city of India. Even 3G is not available in most parts of India. So why Samsung pushing LTE phones in different ranges in India??
16. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
I don't know about your state but more than 60% locations are covered by idea 3g in kerala last year. I think it might have increased.
24. kalandershihab (Posts: 57; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
Please don't talk if you don't know what you're talking about.
1) airtel 4G LTE is currently only available in Kolkata, Bengaluru and Pune, and will be coming soon to many more cities.
2) seriously? i live in a town and i get airtel HSPA+ which gives downloads speeds of 5mbps and upload speeds of 2mbps.
if you don't have 3g, you're living at a jungle.
EDIT: my town:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vamanjoor
35. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
3G is available in most of the cities, but its within the city itself. No luck in the outskirts.
59. 007akshay (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
oh wher ru from mr singh bcoz the india i know has 3g on all cities n 4g on al important cities ........ so dont post something rubbish n al..............
6. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
that's amazing. entry level phone with LTE will be a key selling point for Samsung.
but, at that time( December 2013) i want GNote 3 with LTE in India...come on Samsung...
8. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Ok, so tell me about the 3G coverage and the data plans and their speed and caps. What will you do with a $800 phone while continuing to pay $100 per month for a Gig or 2 of 4G? The fact is 3G at $5/GB and it speeds of 1-2Mbps is expensive considering we pay full price for the phone + a different texting and calling plan. It'd be different if the American model of around $200 upfront followed by $50/12 or 18 months along with a decent cap of say 10-15GB and at speeds of around 10Mbps were given.
10. rishabh_2795 (Posts: 24; Member since: 22 Feb 2013)
dude the speed is nowhere aroung 1-2 mbps! i live in mumbai and have galaxy grand with HSDPA+. i get speed of 9.2mbps download and 2.4mbps upload rate on my vodafone network!! but ya i admit the rates are seriously high enough! not all people can afford 3G here.
17. SamsungFan (Posts: 201; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
We can download unlimited 3g data in india at 8rs/30 minutes 1$=54 rs
I usually download between 600mb and 1gb of data with that.
7. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
LTE availability may ass. While the fact that the LTE phone is coming cheap is commendable and Sammy deserves a pat on its back for one, I find it pretty ironic that a phone with 4G connectivity is coming even before 4G has made entry into India. The fact is the 3G coverage here sucks, the data plans are expensive for the limits and speeds that we get and people here are talking about 4G. Don't be surprised if the plan costs $50-$100 a month and the phone in itself costs $100.
11. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
first read the article clearly. they haven't mentioned its available, they said its available at the time of 4G launch....and for the 3G connectivity i don't know in which city you are living,
for me 3G works flawlessly on my GS2. my average download speeds are around 3-4 Mbps on DoCoMo. at $5 i get GB unlimited data(which means reduced data speeds after 1GB limit) and 600 local minutes for 30 day period which is awesome plan for me.
14. Adithya7184 (Posts: 317; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
and i live in Bangalore...for your kind info....
18. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
The fact is the speeds are not as good as advertised, and at least in Mumbai the $5 unlimited plan isn't available.