iTunes 11 is available for download, here is a look at what is new
Functionally the most visible enhancements are convenient. The Remote app has been updated allowing control of iTunes 11 or Apple TV using an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch over Wi-Fi. The MiniPlayer has been updated as well, packing a lot of functionality into a tight little package. While browsing through artists, you can access a gallery of images of those artists that may or may not be a part of the albums. It is a neat feature that adds a new dimension to the artists that make their music available on iTunes.
While the user interface is totally new, it is not unintuitive, and for those that have been using the application on Windows systems, the overall performance appears to have been improved. Syncing with the iPhone or other iDevice is the same as it has always been. True to Apple’s form though, there will certainly be some incremental updates to the program now that it has been rolled out to the masses.
With the deeper integration with iCloud and the reality that iOS users are not required to use iTunes with their devices, the program is not necessarily a “must have,” but it does have its uses when migrating a lot of content or performing back-ups. Click the source link below to download the newest iTunes.
5. Movies by genre
8. iPhone summary
13. Navigating the library
1. kamen (Posts: 84; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
I love it's greyness. It's so... non-Windowsish. Better to had shown it on Mac.
5. asulect (Posts: 131; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
IBM = Big Blue, Verizon = Big Red, Apple = Big Grey???
2. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Good god that looks boring. I almost fell asleep looking at the pics...
8. syedzain (Posts: 174; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Lol then who u typed this message.. if u felt asleep :D
11. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Almost m8, i said almost. But all this grey s... Reminds me of win 95...
15. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1069; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
the article says what new?
well that's easy...NOTHING!
3. mydi.maus (unregistered)
4. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 425; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Apple really loves gray. Can Apple just give it some colors or themes..
6. asulect (Posts: 131; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Why do you think Apple iphones are Black and White only? When you mix the two color, it becomes grey.
7. joaolx (Posts: 353; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It does show colors when you click on an album. It displays the colors depending on the the album, like pic 3.
9. syedzain (Posts: 174; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
apple is changing its interface,, here is the first look by seeing the itunes.. wait until ios 7 comes.
12. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 859; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Will they add a does not suck and work horrible feature when uploading your own mp3s?
13. T12RYK (Posts: 98; Member since: 10 Jun 2011)
I really like the new version of iTunes, its not as slow and had only frozen a couple of times so far but I like the new Album view, mini player and Up-Next!
Nice update Apple! Hope they put of these features on the the Music Player on the iPhone and iPad too!!
18. TalkingTechy (Posts: 97; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
+1 to that!
They really need the UpNext on the Music app. After playing with it on the Remote app for AppleTV, I can't live my music-listening life without it.
14. MC1123 (Posts: 1241; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
cute.... but im annoyed with syncing my iPod on iTunes!
17. TalkingTechy (Posts: 97; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Use SharePod instead.
16. souleater93 (Posts: 86; Member since: 20 Mar 2009)
I downloaded it yesterday and it seems to have gotten faster now, but last night it kept freezing and force closing on me. It works a lot better on the macs then the Windows though; it doesn't even fit properly on my windows laptop all the time when I have it in full size.
Anyone know if you can set a default color when you open an album? Because I don't like all the different colors you can have.
19. TalkingTechy (Posts: 97; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Love the new interface, and the UpNext feature is extremely well implemented on iTunes as well as on AppleTV with iTunes Match.
Need UpNext now for the Music app on iPhone and iPad!!