Who stole the OLED? Police raids Samsung Display offices looking for poached LG tech
1. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
LG is taking the revenge from the robber!
5. abdane (Posts: 476; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
what samsung said is true, they have the best OLED technology ! there TVs are the best TVs for 7 consecutive years ! not to mention there AMOLED's on the Galaxy line is just fantastic !
39. chocolaking (Posts: 453; Member since: 22 May 2012)
Are you on crack? Samsung does not have the best tv technology.
I am pretty sure you been brain washed by samsung's advertisement.
True, they have the best marketing advertisement! XD
41. cdgm2509 (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I'd like to know where did you get that info.. because it just doesn't make any sense at all.. 7 years?? pffff
14. _Bone_ (Posts: 2135; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Lol, have you seen the LG Note II with flip cover, G-Voice, G-Beam, multi-tasking and other direct rip-offfs? You haven't obviously.
15. joey_sfb (Posts: 3003; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Sick of patent. Imagine if only one company is allow to make toaster, washing machine, cars, computer.
What would the world be like??
26. Commentator (Posts: 2436; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Because flip-covers, S-voice, S-beam, and multitasking are SOOOOOOO original...
30. MEeee (Posts: 269; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Voice Talk on S2 was released 6 months before Siri.
17. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Samsung is not as innocent as most fandroids think; Samsung is known in Korea for their unscrupulous business practices - this isn't the first time. Because of pure hatred for Apple everyone is thinking Samsung's the good guy.
21. asingha94 (Posts: 288; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
Die die!!samsung go to hell!!biggest copycat ever!!lgs display technology far better!!
40. chocolaking (Posts: 453; Member since: 22 May 2012)
I am with you!! die samsung!! go to hell with your copy cat strategy! or go to china with this kind of move by stealing other company's invention.
2. mandkeee (Posts: 78; Member since: 27 Feb 2009)
samsung always copied from other companies ideas...
even OLED as well...
13. raunak (Posts: 505; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
...and lots of thumb down for you.
Samsung stole flexible displays tech from Nokia as well, but this site might not be the best place to say things like that. Samsung fanboys are not much different from what ifans used to be and this site is filled with them. Not to mention the fact that PA is getting a lot of money from Samsung for making their products seem superior, same thing they used to do for iPhone a few years back. I'll advice you to visit Verge or GSMArena, and if you do, you'll realise how much better the users of these sites understand Samsung and their habit of stealing.
18. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
So true. Samsung has stolen a lot from various companies, modified it a bit and called it their own. Because of the hatred for Apple (Apple is also at fault for stupid patents like slide unlock - which was invalidated later), everyone thinks Samsung is innocent. NOT AT ALL.
20. procol (Posts: 16; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
How could Samsung steal the flexible display tech when Nokia doesn't have corresponding tech regarding display/screen panel itself? Nokia just had the concept not the tech itself. Don't get confused between the tech to manufacture and the application of other's tech for product concept. If Nokia used Sony's flexible display prototype to demo the phone with flexible display, it's Nokia's tech? That can't be.
22. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
It was developed by Nokia and displayed at last years MWC, for future phones, Nokia's (and many other company's) displays are made by Samsung electronics, so they'd certainly give samsung a favor.
23. raunak (Posts: 505; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Here is a video demonstration of a Nokia's flexible OLED prototype
from 2011 running pretty well :
And wouldnt you know, a little over a year passed and SS showed their
first usable flexible OLEDs too (at CES 2013 to be exact)!
I say usable because although SS had showed a few devices with flex
screens in 2010, those were so thick that I wouldnt even call them
prototypes and they were more like BENDED than bendable and Nokia
would have already been working on that 'Kinetic' prototype by then,
seeing as the interface is developed and all.
Note the fact that Nokia's whole device is somewhat bendable whereas
the displays Samsung demonstrated were some weird devices which had a
black bottom part like a box (made of solid plastic, not bendable at
all) and the flexible display protruding from that in a weird way.
I'm not saying that Nokia will be the first to bring that in market,
seeing as Samsung has huge factories of it's own, but as far as
developement of technologies go, Nokia was first and better. SS then
copied the market leader as always (in this case Nokia as well as
34. pkiran1996 (Posts: 165; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Samsung showed flexible AMOLED displays in 2010, idiot. YouTube it.
35. pkiran1996 (Posts: 165; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
And in January 2011 showed extremely thin flexible AMOLED displays which you can clearly see being twisted and turned and bent by the person in the video.
36. raunak (Posts: 505; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Another ignorant/brainwashed asshole. First read my comment fully and then comment.
25. akki20892 (Posts: 3555; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Correction: samsung always copied "All things" from other companies idea.
6. xprimer (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
we have no reason to steal other companies' technology. lmao. . .
10. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Gold Star! Pathetic!How many years Samsung make Amoled displays? And stop copy Samsung galaxy series (Optimus G Pro-Note2. LG L series-Galaxy S2)
11. emadshiny (Posts: 1135; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
in the picture it is said "Samsung OLED TV, World's first OLED TV"
as far as i know the first OLED TV was produced by Sony.
16. mandkeee (Posts: 78; Member since: 27 Feb 2009)
first OLED was produced by LG . and samsung stolen those technology from LG...samsung hired some people from LG display lab..
19. emadshiny (Posts: 1135; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
now tell me who produced the first OLED TV?
28. Abbath (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Sony was first, LG copied and Samsung copied it off LG...Technically you cant call this stealing.
32. emadshiny (Posts: 1135; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
i didn't say anybody stole anything
i said that Sammy said its TV the first OLED TV and it is not true.
read posts attentively and then answer.
42. Abbath (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
With regard to stealing I was referring to "mandkeee"s comment
12. MartianMe (unregistered)
i thought i read awhile back that they would not sue each other anymore and try to work it out .....what happened?
24. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
are you sure samsung is the first maker of a OLED TV? i was at the houston galleria about 3 years ago the sony store and sony had a i think 21' tv with OLED but it was super expensive at 2100 USD so i dont think they were the first.
27. funkshit (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 Feb 2013)
1. Samsung sold out enoumous amounts of amOLED through its Galaxy
but, a lot of important technologies for making OLED belong to LG (LG also bought a lot of significant techs from Kodak).
2. For making OLED TV, Samsung had tried to use RGB way, while LG uses W-Oled.
However, in recent days, Samsung also decided to use LG's way, W-Oled.
who will be the winner?
29. xray174 (Posts: 85; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
not trying to be a fanboy but look at lgs recent phones look exactly like the galaxy s line
lg optimusg pro identical to the note 2 and the ui has some similalities . all companies copy some elements but lg doesnt know how to make it a bit different.And well who uses am-oled displays on their phone . why wouldnt lg use it if it was their innovation .
31. MEeee (Posts: 269; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
You guys are becoming like those iGnorants and iDiots. Everybody make Tubes, Plasma, LCD and LED TVs. More choices/competitions are better for us consumers. So far I've seen Oled displays are in the Galaxy lines not from LG.
33. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6581; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Can we please JUST DROP these damn law suits. who cares who stole who. i love OLED TV'S these law suits are getting out of hand
38. raunak (Posts: 505; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Stop acting like a five year old. If SS stole, they're going to pay for it, just like they did to Apple (or are going to). Saying things like "law suits are getting out of hand" on EVERY article related to lawsuits is meaningless.
43. mathburn (Posts: 9; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
Which company has the most patent about OLED panel?
It's Samsung.So someone tell me why they must stole OLED technology from others.
44. mathburn (Posts: 9; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
Before Samsung announce Galaxy S4.It's has a lot of news show that Galaxy S4 will have Smart Pause LG copy it and hurry to put it in Optimus G via update.Galaxy S3,Note II have Multi-window so LG copy it and put a similar technology in LG Optimus G.