Video suggests the ultimate ad: 10 000 iPhones falling like dominoes
The end result is a shockingly realistic video that we doubted was real by the very end.
“Except for the first iPhone that is set off, every other phone you see is computer generated,” Aatma chief executive Pramod Modi Shantharam said. “We modeled, animated and rendered the CG phone where the footage was first motion-tracked and the CG phone was composited over it.”
The whole idea was to present a way to advertize an iPhone in the future and it definitely worked on us.
“The end shot is a representation at scale but imagine bringing together four smartphones screens together to view content on an expanded real estate,” he added. “A potential use case could be a family of four connecting their phones or tablets to watch a movie together.”
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5954; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Or, this could be the attest example of Sammy trolling the competition.... The prospect of 10k iPhones falling is too cool to consider.
9. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2010; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Bullsh** aside,,, that was awesome!!! :-)
2. fatexo (Posts: 125; Member since: 21 May 2010)
and how many of them got their glass broken..??
18. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 173; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Hard to break a computer animated phone's glass :-)
23. PhoenixWright (Posts: 99; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
The display still works even if the glass is broken (well most of the instances from a minor fall)
4. dapsta (Posts: 19; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Probably wouldn't use iPhone for that.
So many shattered screens.
5. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
cool,even though it was animated,still looks realistic. if it would have been the real thing,i bet you'ed loose a very expensive phone, lots of them. LOL
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ooo......is the iPhone alright?
Me: "It's none of my business!" xD
7. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Amazing, where did they get all these iPhones from™
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
From the fruit!
(If you know what I mean.) :P
10. Igneel (unregistered)
At least Samsung phones can't do this :P
13. recond9 (Posts: 49; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
Reminds me a little of Sony's wall made from Xperia Z
14. Whateverman (Posts: 3233; Member since: 17 May 2009)
That was really cool! Best part... There was only 1 cracked screen since the other 9,999 of the phones were CGI's.
19. JewBakaUCFG (Posts: 173; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Not sure if that falls into the category of a rube goldberg but it's a crazy set up. Loved the timing on the elevator with the falling iphones. Well played, computer animation. Well played.
21. valapsp (Posts: 484; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
The sound I mean the sound just just just TURNS ME ON.
24. f1r3z0r (Posts: 87; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
meanwhile Android world we improving phones and no using them as dominos...