Verizon double data promo plans go live again
1. biophone (Posts: 1893; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
If you’re hugnry for data, Verizon Wireless might be your best pick now as the carrier has brought back its double data allowance while keeping the price.
No sprint is. Verizon is where you go for great service.
5. -box- (Posts: 3707; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Sprint is the slowest of the 4 major nationwide carriers, so for someone who actually wants to have a chance of using more than a couple gigabytes per month without tethering should look elsewhere. Same goes for the companies that use its network (Virgin, Boost, etc)
7. biophone (Posts: 1893; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Dude they aren't that slow.They have 4g and pretty ok coverage. That is mute though because its a fact they offer more data then version. You can't argue that. So if you are data hungry sprint offers more.
8. bigdawg23 (Posts: 342; Member since: 25 May 2011)
Dude, my AT&T iPhone 4S is faster than any "4G" device on Sprint. It is noticeably diffidence. I had the HTC Vivid which functioned like LTE in a 3G(HSPA+) area.
As for data most people do not use enough to warrant unlimited. Hell if you people did abuse the connection then we may still have unlimited.
12. biophone (Posts: 1893; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
It really depends on the area for speeds but its a mute point because sprint offer more data then verizon so if your data hungry sprint is better in that area.
21. neddy4322 (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Well, I do know you just butchered the English language. Secondly, they disconnect you, yeah that's right, they disconnect your account permanently for using your phone on other towers for more than 50% of the month.... And they roam on VZW towers. Good luck:)
2. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 373; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
They should really just keep this their normal plans!! And they need to add a $15 2gb plan. Or 1gb without the promotion. But the promotion should be the norm.
3. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
That $70 deal for 12 GB of 4G data is a great deal.
That is just under $6 a GB, much less than the $10 for each marginal GB.
10. Socalvenom (unregistered)
I have Sprint I rooted my Samsung GS2 and tether it once I get home or when I travel both myself and my wife tether our computer to my phone. We have used more then 15gb of data a month since I rooting my phone four months ago and Sprint hasn't told me anything how much do I pay a month $85 why? because I have an employee discount and because I work the system LIKE A BOSS! FYI My average download speeds are 6-9 Megs down & 1.5 up Here In Los Angeles CA TOP THAT
20. codymws (Posts: 237; Member since: 17 Jun 2010)
39.24 Mbps on Verizon LTE.
Unlimited data, unthrottled.
30. Socalvenom (unregistered)
how much do you pay a month for your unlimited lte service?
4. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
umm still not the best deal
5 gigs for 75 with unlimited talk and text as well as there is a huge phone sale on Saturday on tmobile. 10 gigs w unl talk n text is only 105.
27. thephoneguy92 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
I have to give you credit for marketing your carrier here. This man deserves a raise Tmo!
6. shnibz (Posts: 153; Member since: 18 Sep 2011)
Hey PhoneArena if it is like the last "double you data" promo it is not for ALL devices but it is for all 4g enabled devices. i got in it on it last time with a Galaxy Nexus but my wife got an iphone 4s the same day and she didnt get double data. the verizon dudes said 4g devices only
9. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Too bad Verizon has no good LTE phones available.
13. biophone (Posts: 1893; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
The maxx, nexus, rezound, droid 4, spectrum, razr, stratosphere. Shall i go on.
14. gallitoking (Posts: 4680; Member since: 17 May 2011)
but they will Miz.. the iphone 5 will soon be representing...
18. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea, those slow slow 42mb/s speeds. Hey, how fast is your iphone again? :)
28. thephoneguy92 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Um, T-Mobile has 42 Mbps as of right now, with plans to increase it to 82 mbps within the year. What are you talking about...
22. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Got that right. Representing how to do a real smartphone.
11. nickjjay (Posts: 79; Member since: 10 Oct 2011)
Dear 'the Miz:'
You say the dumbest things sometimes.
24. DigitalMD (Posts: 226; Member since: 17 Feb 2010)
How about if Verizon cannot fix their network to keep up with demand, they recruit less customers instead of punishing and robbing the current customers? Thieves!!
25. Junito (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Verizon, I hope you run this promotion when the iPhone(6)(5) comes out. I know you and your sales people are pushing Android, but give "us" a break.
29. Cha7520 (Posts: 206; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
I bought me the Samsung Galaxy Nexus like 10 days ago...I'm SO glad I came across this article. I called up Verizon and they changed my Data Plan from 2GB to 4GB for the same price of $30. Sweet!!