T-Mobile's John Legere made more last year than either Verizon or AT&T's CEO
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10226; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Holy damn that's a lot of money. I can live off $30 million for the rest of my life!
5. grahaman27 (Posts: 361; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
That's what everyone that wins the lottery says, and most of them end up bankrupt and broke.
6. Sauce (unregistered)
Theres a good show called curse of the lotto, or something like that. Kinda funny how people always end up getting screwed over.
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10226; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Or you know, invest your money wisely.
2. JunitoNH (Posts: 1402; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Wow, good for him, but maybe they should had invested some of the money on brand new cell towers.
4. hurrycanger (Posts: 1545; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
It's his own money. You think his wife is gonna let him do that? XD
7. djcody (Posts: 79; Member since: 17 Apr 2013)
They are still over pay rats doing nothing, I can't bet easy he didn't made any of TMobile new ideas, he just approve them.
8. mturby (unregistered)
if t-mobile's CEO wants the carrier to grow even more, he should've cut his salary by %50. it's still a lot of money and will make t-mobile slightly stronger and stable.
11. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Why should anyone care how much a Ceo makes?
15. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The more money the CEO makes, the more money the company has to take from the customers.
12. zachattack (Posts: 621; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
And t mobile still sucks, way to go john!
14. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
If John Legere works as the CEO of T-Mobile for ten years, that's $300M spent on one guy and his ability to make good decisions for the company.
From a T-Mobile shareholder point of view, maybe it is a good investment.
In the bigger picture of life, it fabulous weath for yet another CEO, while so many people are unemployed or underemployed.
16. Slammer (Posts: 1498; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
CNN Money had listed the 12 top paid CEOs before taxes. Larry Ellison of Oracle was listed as number one and Randall Stephenson of AT&T was listed as number 12. No one inbetween was from a wireless carrier. So, unless CNN Money is incorrect, Randall Stephenson should be the highest paid Carrier CEO. Not John Legere. Not Dan Hesse.
17. jroc74 (Posts: 5732; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
For all the hate Verizon gets for being so expensive...this is a positive.....
Kinda explains why Verizon's network is always the highest ranked for overall satisfaction and service. Their CEO is actually putting that money back into the service....and not his pocket.
18. express77 (unregistered)
I wish I earn even 10% of that money a year.
19. hawks1018 (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Apr 2014)
Are you guys serious? 20, 30, 40 mil is chump change to these carriers. Really think Lowell Mcs 15.4 mill hurts anything? VZW and ATT each spend over 5 Billion a year on network upgrades and expansion alone ... a new tower is about 500k each ,,, so vzw has 31 less towers on the docket for one year ....
20. Paximos (Posts: 142; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
No wonder he is so hyper...more money makes you dance