Smartphone Kickstand attaches to any device for portrait or landscape viewing
The Smartphone Kickstand is an inexpensive, easily removable solution that costs only US$4.95 before shipping and handling. At 1.59mm-thick, the kickstand is relatively unobtrusive. It will stand your device up in both portrait and landscape modes. And for smartphones like the iPhone 4, which include videoconferencing but no stand, the Smartphone Kickstand might at least prevent your FaceTime contacts from getting motion sickness.
While we sometimes hate to nitpick, we have to point out a few shortcomings. For one thing, it lacks the aesthetic appeal of an OEM kickstand. We also imagine that, even though it's thin, it will inevitably catch on pants pockets. But, to its credit, the Smartphone Kickstand uses 3M double-sided adhesive, so it can be easily removed without damaging your device. And for $4.95, it might be a worthy investment for the video-hungry smartphone user.
2. Droid X Fan (unregistered) posted on 28 Mar 2011, 15:30 2
I have one and have recommended them to several friends. They work very well and are very thin.
4. Droid X Fan (unregistered) posted on 28 Mar 2011, 15:56 0
It's small and it works. I would rather be able to prop up my phone then worry about how the back looks,
5. whateveryousay (unregistered) posted on 28 Mar 2011, 15:59 0
toward the end of video the phone isnt flat anymore. they need glasses
8. fairly_mismatched (unregistered) posted on 28 Mar 2011, 18:19 0
I just use a business card holder... works perfectly and getting out of the supply closet was completely free.
9. cheeseycheeser posted on 28 Mar 2011, 20:19 0
I'd like to point out, that's an iPod Touch, and not a phone! LIERS! LOL
10. shafboy posted on 29 Mar 2011, 09:44 0
Fail of a product, if there is a cellphone stand for a phone it should be built in to the phone and it should be on phones that need it. Like the HD7 or Desire HD2.
11. 3MTA3 (unregistered) posted on 29 Mar 2011, 14:19 0
My Thunderbolt already has one built in - try putting that thing in a holster or case - LMAO! By the way....EATME.
12. iPhone User (unregistered) posted on 29 Mar 2011, 19:09 0
I have been using this product for a while and like it. Why would anyone complain, It does the job and it doesn't cost hardly anything. In the Apple world an inexpensive accessory that works is unheard of.
13. Michelle A (unregistered) posted on 30 Mar 2011, 15:32 0
agree, like it
14. scottysnell posted on 06 May 2013, 15:28 0
I'm a bit late to this party but just launched a universal smartphone kickstand called INSTAKICK on Kickstarter. It is designed to fit all phones and we even have one that will also open your beer. Thank you for checking it out! Checkout instakick.com. Cheers!