PhoneSoap gives your germy smartphone a clean bath while charging it simultaneously
Well, if you’re the type of person that’s particular about having a clean phone, you ought to check out this cool accessory called the PhoneSoap. At its core, it aims to “start a clean phone revolution” that will literally give your device a clean bath, while charging it simultaneously. Sounds pretty neat, right?
Interestingly enough, the PhoneSoap is currently a KickStarter project that relies on good old UV-C light to kill off any of those germs taking a vacation on your device. Essentially, UV-C is a kind of ultraviolet light that’s capable of penetrating the cell walls of bacteria, thus, eventually obliterating those microscopic baddies before they can do any damage to you. Once your device is placed into the PhoneSoap, UV-C light shines on both sides for approximately 3 to 5 minutes, so it won’t run the risk of damaging the phone. Also, the PhoneSoap offers an Apple dock connector or microUSB cable to simultaneously charge the handset.
As it currently stands, the PhoneSoap project has accumulated a little over $13,000, but it needs to blast through the $18,000 mark within the next 20 days before this baby can have a shot at being a real thing for consumers.
source: KickStarter via Mashable & Textually
1. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
These must be iGerms found on iPhones, Android does not suffer from mAniFestAtion of any kind; therefore, we have no need for this accessory. But, thank you anyway; would make a perfect gift for iFriends.
5. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Well, my good man, at least iAm not an iDiOt "°•°"
8. Lift_Off (Posts: 152; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
no, your that too. I think you might be obsessed with apple. "°•°"
21. TROLL.IS.AHA (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
So what's it to you! iPrison!
15. dvsmik3 (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
It's "you're" not "your." Might want to sharpen your grammatical skills before writing posts that make you look like an idiot haha
16. Lift_Off (Posts: 152; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
Thanks Professor Dvsmik. I'll make sure to change that when I turn in my final draft. -___-
18. dvsmik3 (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
You're welcome Lift_Off, all in a days work. Cool avatar btw.
24. TROLL.IS.AHA (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
You need to go back to iPrison and learn
some new iWord's ..... OKAY!
22. TROLL.IS.AHA (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
More like like you are! Here have an iJuice and it will
give you an iLift.....
26. TROLL.IS.AHA (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Hahahahaha how so FUNNY!
So apple and IOS user'$ are called"? "iGerms"
How so iNasty!
2. hepresearch (unregistered)
I have never before seen such a hilariously silly concept pulled off with such elegance and intelligence...
... oh wait... maybe I have?
6. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 357; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
idk seems like a pretty good idea.. i'd go for it if it wasn't stupid expensive...
10. JGuinan007 (Posts: 647; Member since: 19 May 2011)
If it retails for $20-30 I think it will do very well, I'd buy one but if it were to retail $35 and up forget about it.
11. bvalde09 (Posts: 174; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
This is something I would buy, I always try to keeo my phone clean but it doesnt take away the germs. Hope they get to the goal.
14. the_s2 (Posts: 215; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
This project,.... definitely needs support.
17. 714reyesj (Posts: 34; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
I'll be willing to support this as long as its not rediculously expensive like how the power mat was. I sell phones and u wouldn't believe how nasty some people's phones are. Let's just say we at my store go through a lot of hand sanitizer.
29. 714reyesj (Posts: 34; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Hello Chelsea Yarbrough from Prescott, AZ. You suck!
20. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
This would probably be extra helpful for me since it adds another step that I need to take to shut off the alarm.
I used to place my old alarm clock in the corner under my desk and I'd still shut it off in my sleep.
30. cupcake (Posts: 106; Member since: 15 Apr 2010)
Oh why hello and good day sir Danny Reyes from Prescott Valley AZ, MTN 928-555-5555