OMG iPhone 5 vibrates stronger: here's why
The Verizon iPhone 4 and then the iPhone 4S were the first iOS devices to come with a new smoother and generally more precise and quiet vibrator. It’s called a linear oscillating vibrator. So why didn’t Apple keep it?
The answer seems obvious when you look at the comparison pictures below. The new linear vibrator is much larger than the traditional rotational vibrator and with the new iPhone 5 obsessing over a swim waistline and light weight every point of an inch counts.
Many users have complained they’ve missed calls because of the weak vibration on the iPhone 4S. Have you experienced the same, and is Apple really solving a problem here?
source: The Next Web
iPhone 5 vibrating motor Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Samsung Galaxy S5: all you need to know
24 Feb 2014, 17:06
All new leaked pictures and benchmarks of the all new HTC One
05 Mar 2014, 04:23
iPhone 5 vibrating motor
1. AT&T iPhone 4 rotational vibrating motor
2. Linear oscillating vibrator on the iPhone 4S
3. Traditional rotating motor
4. iPhone 4S linear motor vs traditional vibrating motor: size comparison
17. Droiddoes (unregistered)
2. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Vibrate is too strong will loss parts or screws adjust setting to lower vibrate is an option.
14. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Before the sheep realize, their iPhone would have fallen off part by part just by vibrating! So just to set the record straight...the vibrator used in the iPhone 4/4S was not innovative...as Rotten Apple claims everything out of their piehole is innovative!
3. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
Are you sure all of the Apple iPhone users were complaining about missed calls...due to the weak vibrator?
5. Vinayakn73 (Posts: 87; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
thye might have covered up their phone with those fancy coveres in phonearenas recent post.
7. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
So that middle aged single depressed cougars could also use their iPhones as a vibrator . Lol
9. Fallout09 (Posts: 408; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Damn it.... you stole my line. However I saying that too many soccer moms wrote letters to Apple complaining that vibration was too weak.
13. protozeloz (Posts: 5284; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
11. zer00 (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I miss the old one in my Verizon iPhone 4 now it sounds loud and cheap.
16. jibraihimi (Posts: 527; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Why is this even a news.......... It seems Phonearena can't pass a day without mentioning anything iPhone related............
18. codymws (Posts: 236; Member since: 17 Jun 2010)
Just to let you guys know, the gallery view really sucks. I don't see why someone would enjoy using it. Especially since this is a mobile news site, where alot of people will be trying to navigate the stupid thing on a small screen....
I'd suggest canning the gallery view in favor of a list with pictures. And also a mobile site. PhoneDog did a pretty good job, use them as a role model.